Need advice on using card reader in Aspire notebook

Old May 12th 07, 11:01 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
[email protected]

Default Need advice on using card reader in Aspire notebook

My Aspire notebook has a 5 in 1 card reader which is described as
reading several types of "Memory Stick" and other cards. My phone has
a "Memory Stick Duo" card which has a compatible symbol (flying
saucer?) on it.
Will the card reader read this card? If so, how do I insert and eject
it? When I try to insert it, it just seems to get lost in the slot and
I have to use plastic tweezers to get it out.

TIA,
Jayne Bartram

Old May 12th 07, 02:42 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
litefrozen

In article . com, wrote:

My Aspire notebook has a 5 in 1 card reader which is described as
reading several types of "Memory Stick" and other cards. My phone has
a "Memory Stick Duo" card which has a compatible symbol (flying
saucer?) on it.
Will the card reader read this card? If so, how do I insert and eject
it? When I try to insert it, it just seems to get lost in the slot and
I have to use plastic tweezers to get it out.

TIA,
Jayne Bartram

This is from my notebook

Aspire 5110/5100/3100 Series.pdf-

5-in-1 card reader Accepts Secure Digital (SD),
MultiMediaCard (MMC), Memory Stick
(MS), Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO), xDPicture
Card (xD) (for selected models).

I think the the memory stick duo is a different size than the
memory stick PRO. So it won't work in it.

"Memory Stick Duo, a small-form-factor version of the Memory Stick (including the PRO Duo)."
Old May 12th 07, 02:53 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
litefrozen

In article . com, wrote:

My Aspire notebook has a 5 in 1 card reader which is described as
reading several types of "Memory Stick" and other cards. My phone has
a "Memory Stick Duo" card which has a compatible symbol (flying
saucer?) on it.
Will the card reader read this card? If so, how do I insert and eject
it? When I try to insert it, it just seems to get lost in the slot and
I have to use plastic tweezers to get it out.

TIA,
Jayne Bartram

You can get a multiformat media card reader (like a 12-in-1) at bestbuy, walmarts for about
$20. That handle the duo.

Might see also if theres a USB cable to hook your phone direct to the laptop. Download it direct from the phone.
Old May 12th 07, 03:08 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
[email protected]

litefrozen wrote:
In article . com, wrote:

I think the the memory stick duo is a different size than the
memory stick PRO. So it won't work in it.

"Memory Stick Duo, a small-form-factor version of the Memory Stick (including the PRO Duo)."

Yes thanks, that's the problem. The card is way too small for the
reader. I thought maybe I was putting it in the wrong way at first but
the reason seems quite obvious now you explain it.

Regards,
Jayne

Old May 12th 07, 03:11 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
[email protected]

You can get a multiformat media card reader (like a 12-in-1) at bestbuy, walmarts for about
$20. That handle the duo.

Might see also if theres a USB cable to hook your phone direct to the laptop. Download it direct from the phone.

I'll check out the direct cable, though there is Bluetooth on the
phone and the notebook, so maybe that's an option.

Regards,
Jayne

Old May 12th 07, 04:38 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Christopher Syn

you use an adaptor.
http://dpnow.com/archives/samsung-u-ca3-ms-duo.jpg

oups.com...

Old May 12th 07, 07:10 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
[email protected]

Christopher Syn wrote:
you use an adaptor.
http://dpnow.com/archives/samsung-u-ca3-ms-duo.jpg

That seems like a very good solution. I'll look for one of these.

Jayne

Old May 13th 07, 03:07 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Mike

On 12 May 2007 11:10:32 -0700, wrote:

you use an adaptor.
http://dpnow.com/archives/samsung-u-ca3-ms-duo.jpg

That seems like a very good solution. I'll look for one of these.

It's quite likely one already came with your phone (I know my K750i did).

Good luck!
Mike
Old May 13th 07, 02:51 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
[email protected]

Mike wrote:
On 12 May 2007 11:10:32 -0700, wrote:

you use an adaptor.
http://dpnow.com/archives/samsung-u-ca3-ms-duo.jpg

That seems like a very good solution. I'll look for one of these.

It's quite likely one already came with your phone (I know my K750i did).

Phones take a very circuitous route into my ownership in this family.
Though I tend to purchase them initially, I only get to use them after
the "kids" have moved on to another model. So, though I too have a
K750i, it's starkly short of bits and bobs. I know I should impose
stricter terms of use but it's like trying to control the incoming
tide. Except with my lot, the tide tends to be outgoing. :-)

Good luck!
Mike

Thanks for the info,
Jayne