How To Buy A Laptop - 5 Basic Steps to the Right Laptop For You

Old April 28th 07, 07:57 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
jessi

Default How To Buy A Laptop - 5 Basic Steps to the Right Laptop For You

You've decided to buy a laptop, but don't really know how to go about
it.
I get asked time and again how to buy a laptop. Sometimes it's for a
student, other times for an adult who just wants the freedom to roam
around the house while computing.
Read More
http://laptop4you.blogspot.com/2007/...-steps-to.html

Old April 28th 07, 09:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Fergus

"jessi" wrote in message
oups.com...
You've decided to buy a laptop, but don't really know how to go about
it.
I get asked time and again how to buy a laptop. Sometimes it's for a
student, other times for an adult who just wants the freedom to roam
around the house while computing.
Read More
http://laptop4you.blogspot.com/2007/...-steps-to.html

or just buy a Dell M90............saves time.

Old April 28th 07, 11:37 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Plato

jessi wrote:

You've decided to buy a laptop, but don't really know how to go about
it.

All I needed was a laptop to bring to the lodge while away to do email
and web browsing. It had to have wifi built in. I went to the Dell site,
clicked on "notebooks, small business" pcs and got the basic model for
$499 w/no sales tax and shipping included. It weighs a ton but it works.
I even like the Dell wifi connect thingamajig better than the built in
XP routine.

Heck, I just checked and they still have it for $499. Of course you get
what you pay for so it only had enough ram for those two things and a
battery that only lasts an hour or so. I can watch DVD movies on it so
that's been cool also. In fact, if you havn't seen _Crank_ its a must
see, along with _Children of Men_.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Old April 29th 07, 12:40 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Hertz_Donut[_2_]

"Joel" wrote in message
"Fergus" wrote:

"jessi" wrote in message
oups.com...
You've decided to buy a laptop, but don't really know how to go about
it.
I get asked time and again how to buy a laptop. Sometimes it's for a
student, other times for an adult who just wants the freedom to roam
around the house while computing.
Read More
http://laptop4you.blogspot.com/2007/...-steps-to.html

or just buy a Dell M90............saves time.

I think kill-file that sucker spammer would save sometime too bg

I think kill-filing Dell-bots is a good idea, too!
I guess the advice is okay, as the OP was not asking for a laptop that
*works*.

Honu