Where do I connect the power switch on i810E board?

Old December 23rd 05, 11:50 AM posted to comp.sys.intel

Default Where do I connect the power switch on i810E board?

Hi,

I have just bought an intel 810E board. The problem is that I dont know
what the pin outs are on the front panel connector so I cant connect
the power switch, HDD LED, reset, etc!

I have searched the internet for manuals for various PCs that contain
the board and the intel site but I cant find the pin out data for that
socket!

Would anyone be kind enough to tell me which pins to connect these
thigns to?
THere is no label on the board just PNL by the connector which I assume
marks pin 1 of the fron panel connector.

Cheers
squelch41

PS. Thanks for the help with the max graphics res - much appreciated

Old December 23rd 05, 03:38 PM posted to comp.sys.intel

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I have just bought an intel 810E board. The problem is that I dont know
what the pin outs are on the front panel connector so I cant connect
the power switch, HDD LED, reset, etc!

I have searched the internet for manuals for various PCs that contain
the board and the intel site but I cant find the pin out data for that
socket!

Would anyone be kind enough to tell me which pins to connect these
thigns to?
THere is no label on the board just PNL by the connector which I assume
marks pin 1 of the fron panel connector.

http://support.intel.com/support/mot...op/archive.htm

Click on the link for your model 810E board. Under Product Documentation,
select Technical Product Specification, and then click on the link to the
Product Specification (PDF) file. In the Technical Reference chapter, under
Connectors, there should be an entry for Front Panel Connector with a table
of pinouts. If you don't know your exact model number, that's ok, they're all
pretty much the same for each chipset family.

Bob

Old December 26th 05, 09:42 PM posted to comp.sys.intel

Looks promising!
Will actually try it out tommorow.
Cheers
squelch41

Old December 27th 05, 09:27 AM posted to comp.sys.intel

No good!
The diagram on the document you linked has a 15-pin plug. The one of
this board is 30-pin. It is definatley the right connector as it is
labeleed on the fuji motherboard manual. Just doesnt tell you what any
of the pins do!
Cheers
squelch41

Old December 27th 05, 04:46 PM posted to comp.sys.intel

wrote in message
oups.com...
No good!
The diagram on the document you linked has a 15-pin plug. The one of
this board is 30-pin. It is definatley the right connector as it is
labeleed on the fuji motherboard manual. Just doesnt tell you what any
of the pins do!

You mentioned in your original post that you were using an Intel 810e motherboard.
You now mention that it's actually Fuji motherboard. I don't think Fuji makes
motherboards, so at this point it would be very helpful to know what product
you actually have. A model number or FCC ID from the board would be
helpful.

Bob

Old December 27th 05, 09:25 PM posted to comp.sys.intel

wrote in message
ups.com...

I have just bought an intel 810E board. The problem is that I dont know
what the pin outs are on the front panel connector so I cant connect
the power switch, HDD LED, reset, etc!

When you say an "intel 810E board", what do you mean? Do you mean one of
the many dozens of motherboards that happen to contain an Intel 810E
chipset? Why do you think telling us what chipset your board uses is going
to help us tell you the pinouts of the front panel connector?

DS

Old December 27th 05, 10:45 PM posted to comp.sys.intel

The doc has been found through another groups.
Cheers
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.c...e9d0ef821156db