Update to CPU/Chas temps high

Old December 17th 04, 07:08 AM
Phil, Squid-in-Training

Default Update to CPU/Chas temps high

I received my 2200+ XP-M today, and a NF7-S2, and to my horror, the S2 has
NO multiplier adjustments!!! So I'm stuck with a 800MHz computer.

Anyways, I have a real NF7-S on order, and one of the interesting things to
note that was in same case that I was getting 50-60C temps on the die, I was
getting 20-25C temps with the XP-M! Granted, it was underclocked grossly,
and it ran for a couple of minutes, but if the XP-M's work like they're
supposed to, these temperatures are ridiculously low, or my old mobo was
just doubling temperatures or something similar...

At a 20% overclock, the old comp was getting horrible 71C's at full load.
It's hard to believe that simply a proc change was the solution. I believe
my old mobo is just off... a lot.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

XP 3500 socket 939 high cpu temps? Don Burnette AMD x86-64 Processors 32 February 11th 05 10:33 AM
CPU temps/Chas temps high Phil, Squid-in-Training Overclocking 3 December 13th 04 02:45 PM
High Temps Willi Overclocking 1 September 21st 04 10:04 AM
High Temps Willi General 3 September 9th 04 05:31 PM
High Temps ~misfit~ Overclocking 0 August 30th 04 01:22 AM