Greater power supply for 2 vid cards?

Old February 15th 12, 01:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Nick Mirro

Default Greater power supply for 2 vid cards?

Hello. I have a microatx box with a single radeon 5450. I want to
add a second identical card to PCI2.

The current card requires 400 watt min but box came with puny 350
watt. If I run 2 of these 5450s, what power will be needed?

The system currently has this hardwa

radeon 5450
pci sound card
2 hard drives 1 dvd

MB onboard vid is disabled. Thanks for any help!
Old February 15th 12, 02:58 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Nick Mirro wrote:
Hello. I have a microatx box with a single radeon 5450. I want to
add a second identical card to PCI2.

The current card requires 400 watt min but box came with puny 350
watt. If I run 2 of these 5450s, what power will be needed?

The system currently has this hardwa

radeon 5450
pci sound card
2 hard drives 1 dvd

MB onboard vid is disabled. Thanks for any help!

HD 5450 is listed as 9.2 watts, here. Power is not an issue.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/video...ysis_power.png

If you're running multiple monitors, like doing stock trading and
needing four monitors, that card would be a good choice. At only
$30 or so, it's a good way to drive more displays.

Using two of those cards as a gaming solution, is not going to be very
good. In this example chart, that card is at the very bottom of the chart.
Twice the performance, would still leave games at the bottom of the chart.

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2...iast,2666.html

Paul