Where to buy parts?

Old September 19th 03, 02:36 AM
Gary Sprader

Default Where to buy parts?

I'm planning to build my first computer. So far I've chosen the Abit IS7 MB
with P4 2.4C processor. I've found web sites for mwave and new egg. Are
these sites reliable? Are there any other good sites? I'm not looking for
the cheapest price but want someone who has reasonable prices and is
reliable.

Are Kingston and Crucial good for 400 Mhz DDR RAM or should I look at
someone else? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

Old September 19th 03, 10:23 AM
Antithesis

"Gary Sprader" wrote in message
I'm planning to build my first computer. So far I've chosen the Abit IS7

MB
with P4 2.4C processor. I've found web sites for mwave and new egg. Are
these sites reliable? Are there any other good sites? I'm not looking for
the cheapest price but want someone who has reasonable prices and is
reliable.

Are Kingston and Crucial good for 400 Mhz DDR RAM or should I look at
someone else? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

Everybody has different experiences with different vendors / businesses, so
I'm sure you'll get a wide variety of responses on this one. I like New
Egg. I've ordered from them numerous times, and orders have always been
received promptly and in proper working order. I've never ordered hardware
anywhere else online, so New Egg is the only place I know to recommend.

http://www.ourstrangeworld.com

Old September 19th 03, 01:32 PM
Forelli

"Gary Sprader" wrote in message
I'm planning to build my first computer. So far I've chosen the Abit IS7

MB
with P4 2.4C processor. I've found web sites for mwave and new egg. Are
these sites reliable? Are there any other good sites? I'm not looking for
the cheapest price but want someone who has reasonable prices and is
reliable.

Are Kingston and Crucial good for 400 Mhz DDR RAM or should I look at
someone else? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

i never had a problem w/ newegg. Always satisfied. Never dealt w/ mwave.

Old September 19th 03, 03:42 PM
Patch

"Gary Sprader" wrote in message
I'm planning to build my first computer. So far I've chosen the Abit IS7

MB
with P4 2.4C processor. I've found web sites for mwave and new egg. Are
these sites reliable? Are there any other good sites? I'm not looking for
the cheapest price but want someone who has reasonable prices and is
reliable.

Are Kingston and Crucial good for 400 Mhz DDR RAM or should I look at
someone else? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

Check www.pricewatch.com for prices and www.resellers.com for pros & cons

about different companies.

Old September 19th 03, 06:28 PM
Larc

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 18:36:37 -0700, Gary Sprader pondered exceedingly, then took
quill in hand and carefully composed...

| I'm planning to build my first computer. So far I've chosen the Abit IS7 MB
| with P4 2.4C processor. I've found web sites for mwave and new egg. Are
| these sites reliable? Are there any other good sites? I'm not looking for
| the cheapest price but want someone who has reasonable prices and is
| reliable.

I haven't dealt with mwave, but almost all the computer stuff I buy comes from
Newegg. Their prices are usually very good and their service is second to none.

| Are Kingston and Crucial good for 400 Mhz DDR RAM or should I look at
| someone else? Any advice would be appreciated.

Both are good. Check your motherboard manual and/or the Abit website for
possible RAM recommendations.

Larc

§§§ - Please raise temperature of mail to reply by e-mail - §§§
Old September 19th 03, 06:44 PM
Bob Day

"Gary Sprader" wrote in message
I'm planning to build my first computer. So far I've chosen the Abit IS7

MB
with P4 2.4C processor. I've found web sites for mwave and new egg. Are
these sites reliable? Are there any other good sites? I'm not looking for
the cheapest price but want someone who has reasonable prices and is
reliable.

Are Kingston and Crucial good for 400 Mhz DDR RAM or should I look at
someone else? Any advice would be appreciated.

1. Crucial, Kingston, and Corsair are among the best.

2. Check the ratings at http://www.resellerratings.com for
vendors you're considering. I've ordered most of my
stuff from Newegg and found them to be excellent.

-- Bob Day

Old September 19th 03, 07:12 PM
LeeB18509

You meant http://www.resellerratings.com/

Old September 19th 03, 08:01 PM
Antithesis

"Patch" wrote in message

"Gary Sprader" wrote in message
I'm planning to build my first computer. So far I've chosen the Abit IS7

MB
with P4 2.4C processor. I've found web sites for mwave and new egg. Are
these sites reliable? Are there any other good sites? I'm not looking

for
the cheapest price but want someone who has reasonable prices and is
reliable.

Are Kingston and Crucial good for 400 Mhz DDR RAM or should I look at
someone else? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gary

Check www.pricewatch.com for prices and www.resellers.com for pros &

cons
about different companies.

Yeah, just don't depend on the low prices on pricewatch to influence your
decision on where to buy from. Most of those places look really shammy.
I'd just order from Newegg. http://www.ourstrangeworld.com