MGA/ MIL pci + philips chip

Old August 11th 03, 08:47 PM
Taliska

Default MGA/ MIL pci + philips chip

Something to do with an additional Rainbow Runner card I think.

"Erez Volach" wrote in message
got this ancient model for fiddle with... it has Millenium (I) chip,

memory
upgrade module, and another chip, phillips TVsomehting..... (don't have it
infront of me, will write down later). it has another connector beside the
VGA. looks a little wider. anyone has idea what is the phillips chip for ?
is it a ramdac ? a tv tuner ? a tv encoder ?
what is the second connector for ?
this card came with a voodoo linked to it (with short vga cable) so i

guess
that's how 3D was used to be done back then
any hints ?

Old August 12th 03, 11:08 AM
Erez Volach

?
is it a ramdac ? a tv tuner ? a tv encoder ?
what is the second connector for ?
this card came with a voodoo linked to it (with short vga cable) so i

guess
that's how 3D was used to be done back then
any hints ?

OK, here are the chip id's specified:

Matrox graphic chip: MGA IS - STORM R2 9610eu005

Phillips ramdac: TVP3026 - 175PCE

part label: MAG-MIL/2/HP3 500
MFG P/N 79075010170
S/N CAF91854 MIE5590

add-on memory module: MGA-MIL/MOD/2/HP

HP P/N 5063-8777

pcb: 1995 579-05 REV: B

so, it seems like a millenium for a certain HP model (circa 1995). 4 MB (2
onboard, 2 add-on module)
from the millenium user manual the TVP3026 is indeed the ramdac, mine being
175Mhz.
the extra connector is "MEDIA XL Media Adaptor Connector", for whatever that
means (there is even a pin-out with mic., line in / out, Y in/out, C in/out,
composite in/out and ground). Is this a model preceding rainbow runner ?
from RR manual i see it works with millenim II and mystique, it is unclear
if it works with millenium.
Another thing i was wondering about: will i be able to flash it with a bios
from matrox ? would it work in any generic motherboard ? I am considering
building a computer from spare parts, have a 430TX board and some old
memory, PentiumMMX 233 (works even at 75*3.5=266 and 83.3*3.5=292 MHz)
unfortunately, there are no longer any references to the Millenium product
other than the manual (no spec sheets of any kind) - I looked under "old
products"
Thanks in advance for everyone with help / hints or past owners of such
model