Matrox g450 TVout

Old August 12th 03, 04:33 PM
georgess

Default Matrox g450 TVout

Hi

I'll be using a Matrox G450 dual head for TVout. I'm using it to
display mpg video. There are two sources:

1) mpg files on disk
2) real time mpg files from the twinhan vp 1020 card ( mytheatre
software)

I've just ordered the dcard ( along witht he cable to tv and the dvd
sotftware)

Any tips on setup ( P4 2.4 GHZ)

These cards come in different video ram levels ( 16, 32, 64 MB) . Can
someone give me a clue itf this makes a difference for playing mpg (no
games) . I'm using this computer as a video server

TIA

--george

--
remove 1 to respond
Old August 12th 03, 09:54 PM
Alan

Is your card the G450 Max or the G450 TV?
I have the G400 Max and it is setup for Home theatre, I also have a G450
using dual head that will also play MP3 or DVD movies as well.

I am projecting to a 100" screen and picture quality is better than SVideo
out from DVD player. Your projector must be capable of RGB input to achieve
this.

Alan

Old August 13th 03, 03:00 PM
georgess

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:54:29 GMT, "Alan"
wrote:

Is your card the G450 Max or the G450 TV?

my card is "MATROX MILLEN G450 DDR DUAL VGA AGP "

I have the G400 Max and it is setup for Home theatre, I also have a G450
using dual head that will also play MP3 or DVD movies as well.

I am projecting to a 100" screen and picture quality is better than SVideo
out from DVD player. Your projector must be capable of RGB input to achieve
this.

I'm more intereseted in streaming to composite video, and have
purchased the vga-Svideo-composite cord

But.. i have been considering a setup like yours

This is my first brush with doual head ( windows 2000) and i could use
any pointers you have

remove 1 to respond
Old August 14th 03, 10:47 AM
Alan

W2000 works fine with dual head, that wasn't always the case. The only
small glitch you must look for is during the initial setup - immediately
after installing the drivers.

1. A dialogue box comes up and asks if you prefer extended (or advanced dual
head), I am not completely certain of the wording. If you do not answer yes
to this and check off the box, you are limited to your second screen will
simply be an extension of the desktop and your resolution will be something
like 2096 x 768 or thereabouts. If you miss this, I found I had to
re-install the drivers.
2. After another reboot, following this you enter your setup for dual
screen, I believe another boot takes place.
3. Once everthing has settled down, the settings now allow you to set-up.
Dvd needs to be activated, under the features area of the setup.
4. Setup your resolution and frequency for the screen based upon your
projector or TV. It can actually become a sharper picture with 640 x 480
than 1024 x 768, so experiment. I run mine at 800 x 600 and 85 frequency.
Computer monitors are easier to setup as the settings are pre-set.

Hope this helps,

Alan

Old August 14th 03, 05:34 PM
georgess

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 09:47:02 GMT, "Alan"
wrote:

[...]

It helps, thank you

--
remove 1 to respond