Where do I find Compaq serial number?

Old July 1st 03, 07:36 PM
Sammy Finkelman

Default Where do I find Compaq serial number?

"SAMMY FINKELMAN" wrote in message

SF I logged on to the Compaq web site and wanted to ask a question, but
SF they want to know the serial number of this computer. Where do you find
SF the serial number? I don't know the serial number of this computer. It
SF is a Compaq Presario 2240, bought around June 1998 by the original
SF owner. (who was a friend)

"Mike Calkins" wrote

MC It's usually located on the right-hand side of the case, and on the back of
MC the computer. Look for the barcode.

I don't think there's any bar code anywhere.

MC It is also viewable in CMOS.

MC Make that in Setup, unless CMOS has been previously cleared.

I don't know what to do to look at that, whether it is CMOS or SETUP.
Old July 5th 03, 10:36 PM
johnnyx

Press F10 once a second at the compaq splash screen. You will then be in
the bios menu. Look at all the sub-menus and somewhere in there you will
find the serial #. It is 12 digit alphanumeric.

"Sammy Finkelman" wrote in message
om...
"SAMMY FINKELMAN" wrote in message

SF I logged on to the Compaq web site and wanted to ask a question, but
SF they want to know the serial number of this computer. Where do you

find
SF the serial number? I don't know the serial number of this computer. It
SF is a Compaq Presario 2240, bought around June 1998 by the original
SF owner. (who was a friend)

"Mike Calkins" wrote

MC It's usually located on the right-hand side of the case, and on the

back of
MC the computer. Look for the barcode.

I don't think there's any bar code anywhere.

MC It is also viewable in CMOS.

MC Make that in Setup, unless CMOS has been previously cleared.

I don't know what to do to look at that, whether it is CMOS or SETUP.

Microtek scanner made my PC unusable. Robert Clark Scanners 5 June 22nd 04 10:46 PM
Retrieve Vuescan serial? James Scanners 1 February 19th 04 10:06 PM
Serial Number on MainBoard Intel ! RustiK General 7 February 19th 04 04:23 AM
Scan Elite 5400 Mike Scanners 26 October 29th 03 01:07 AM
Nero 6 - Demo Download -What about serial number? Walt Fles Cdr 2 July 26th 03 04:30 PM