Live CT4830 does not work with W2k

Old September 29th 03, 02:50 PM
Moe

Default Live CT4830 does not work with W2k

Hi everyone,
I did a format to my W2K because it does not boot anymore. Everything
works fine but my Live Value CT4830. It used to work fine with Windows
2000 (and still works fine with 98 SE). It does not work now with W2K
or XP. I've tried all the drivers I could find. W2K & XP say it is
working fine, but no sound at all. Some programs (including latest
driver) even say that there is no sound card detected.

Any help is appreciated.

System specs:
Sound Card Internal: SB Live! Value
Model Number: CT 4830
Graphics/Video Card: ATI All-in-wonder Pro 128 AGP
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-6VXE7+ (VIA 693A AGPset)
Old September 30th 03, 10:56 AM
Stratman

"Moe" wrote in message
om...
Hi everyone,
I did a format to my W2K because it does not boot anymore. Everything
works fine but my Live Value CT4830. It used to work fine with Windows
2000 (and still works fine with 98 SE). It does not work now with W2K
or XP. I've tried all the drivers I could find. W2K & XP say it is
working fine, but no sound at all. Some programs (including latest
driver) even say that there is no sound card detected.

Any help is appreciated.

System specs:
Sound Card Internal: SB Live! Value
Model Number: CT 4830
Graphics/Video Card: ATI All-in-wonder Pro 128 AGP
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-6VXE7+ (VIA 693A AGPset)

Visit the Creative website www.creative.com support/drivers and there
you will find the Unified Drivers which will, so Creative say, address an
incompatibility with Win2k. Beware though, the download is over 27MB!

Old October 2nd 03, 01:06 PM
Moe

If it is the 23.32MB LiveDrvUni-Pack(Eng).exe driver you mean Stratman
then it does not work either. It does not even install because it says
no sound card is detected

I copied the temp files it unpacks before it starts istallation and
tried to update the drivers manually, but that didn't work too.

Thanks anyway,

-Moe

Old October 4th 03, 07:17 PM
Moe

It works with 98 SE. I guess it should work with 2K too. I've also
removed and updates via's 4 in 1 drivers and the BIOS. I guess it just
wouldn't work.

Any suggestions for a good replacement card? I'm afraid that Audigy
would give me the same problem after the honeymoon is over.

Thanks Shep.

-Moe

Shepİ wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 20:41:44 +0100, In this world we created Shepİ
wrote :

On 2 Oct 2003 05:02:57 -0700, In this world we created
(Moe) wrote :

Thanks Shep, but card contacts are clean and I have already tried all
the PCI slots. It also works fine with 98 SE.

Do you think I should get it drunk to loosen up?

-Moe

Works for me.Nyak Nyak
Can you try the card in another system to make sure the card's not
dead?

Also remove and then re-install the VIA 4 in 1 pack you use and or
update it.