WinXP Driver Inquiry for SBLive Value

Old September 21st 03, 01:39 AM
Lenny

Default WinXP Driver Inquiry for SBLive Value

I went to Creative's site to get better drivers for this old beast =
(well, the card itself isn't THAT old perhaps, it came in a d(H)ell =
about 2 years ago), but that was a hopeless task.

Doing a "find drivers" search thing, I got some hits. First file seemed =
to be a driver pack, with about three or four do:s, and about three or =
four don't:s, of which one was "...unless you installed patch xyz". I =
look for patch xyz, same thing there. Three or four do:s, three or four =
don't:s, of which one was "...unless you installed patch xzy". Xzy =
yielded same confusing list of do:s and don't:s.

Which ****ing file(s) should I download/install and in which order, to =
get the most recent liveware and drivers for WinXP home edition? Why =
does Creative have to make this so friggin difficult? Video card drivers =
are all ONE PACK these days, very simple, very easy. Why can't Creative =
do the same? *sigh!*

Old September 21st 03, 09:53 AM
Glenn

"Lenny" wrote in message

[...]

What's the prob?

Go to this link: -

http://uk.europe.creative.com/suppor...5&drivertype=1

DL the drivers, uninstall any existing drivers (StartSettingsAdd or Remove
Programs) reboot, Let XP install it's native drivers, then install the new
drivers. Worked for me.

Glenn

---