Trying to improve 35mm slide scans w/1200 dpi scanner

Old February 7th 05, 04:08 PM
Peter D

"Mike Kohary" wrote in message
On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 00:40:44 GMT, "Peter D" [email protected] wrote:

Dunno what the beef is between you and "me". Don't care.

If your space/life would be better/warmer/happier without any reminder of
his existence, don't killfile only his messages. Also killfile any

messages
that contain references to him.

Don't you think I thought of that? Alas, it's going to be pretty
difficult to effectively killfile messages that contain references to
"me" in the body, don't you think? If you have a brilliant idea of
how to do it, I'd love to hear it.

Sure. you could start by extending your current filter into the body text of
any message. that would catch all/most of the messages that are replies to

Old February 7th 05, 06:07 PM
me

"Peter D" [email protected] wrote in message
"Mike Kohary" wrote in message
On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 00:40:44 GMT, "Peter D" [email protected] wrote:

Dunno what the beef is between you and "me". Don't care.

If your space/life would be better/warmer/happier without any reminder

of
his existence, don't killfile only his messages. Also killfile any

messages
that contain references to him.

Don't you think I thought of that? Alas, it's going to be pretty
difficult to effectively killfile messages that contain references to
"me" in the body, don't you think? If you have a brilliant idea of
how to do it, I'd love to hear it.

Sure. you could start by extending your current filter into the body text

of
any message. that would catch all/most of the messages that are replies to
him. " "me" wrote in message", etc.

Peter, you misunderstand, this has been explained to Mike and the other
alt.photography NG gang members long ago. They *want* to see my posts so
they can claim justification for applying their vacuous label to me.
Film best.
me

Old February 7th 05, 08:47 PM
grol

"Owamanga" wrote in message
On 6 Feb 2005 15:28:41 -0800, wrote:

His photography related posts are usually wrong and shouldn't stand
unchallenged.

muhahahaha!!! Sorry couldn't resist. :-)

Old February 7th 05, 09:26 PM
me

"grol" wrote in message
"Owamanga" wrote in message
On 6 Feb 2005 15:28:41 -0800, wrote:

His photography related posts are usually wrong and shouldn't stand
unchallenged.

muhahahaha!!! Sorry couldn't resist. :-)

Before you became obsessed with me didn't you use to take photos?
Sign,
me

Old February 12th 05, 03:11 AM
John T. Jensen

Chrlz!

To the best of my knowlege the best scans are produced by very expensive
drum scanners. If your shots are valuable you might look into an
outside service. Another problem is that every technician that operates
the scanning equipment may not be the best. Trial and error should
satisfy you (i hope)

john

wrote:

The problem with that approach is that newcomers to the group do not
know his `problem`, they see his posts, and may end up with a
photography knowledge like his - ie, completely flawed and limited to
his tiny experience. I think it IS worthwhile to point out his errors,
in detail. Maybe I go overboard sometimes, but I find it hard to
understand how someone can just blandly post an error (eg errors like
- `not all film scanners scan negatives`
- `moving a camera lens away from the body of a camera isn't like an
extension tube`
- `all lenses have independently moving front elements`
- `Agfa Ultra 100 is a great all-purpose film`
..(I could go on and on)

..and then, instead of simply admitting error or listening to
alternative advice or saying `Sorry, I may have misled you`, he turns
it into a torrent of abuse, and tries to twist out of the errors and
misinformation in a manner somewhat like Houdini, but nowhere near as
entertaining.

Obssessed? Yes, but with the truth about photography, and helping
beginners.

Over to `me` now - have the last word by all means. Note the folowing
post as a good example (Mike, fyi - you were called a `F#CKING
HYPOCRITE` by `me`, along with further accusations of the gang
mentality, naturally)