Scared off ... so now who?

Old December 19th 04, 07:54 AM
Robert Marshall

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Tx2 wrote:

In article ,
, a.k.a Mark S. says...

If the likes of CCL have scared you off I'd give it up as a bad
job...
;-)

I might just give them another try though, they seem to get few
complaints in here these days.

If you can view the website! For me it's taking about 5 minutes to
download
http://www.cclonline.com/ and similar times for anything else
on the site, not that I've had the patience to try too many!

It wasn't like this a few weeks ago..

Robert
--
La grenouille songe..dans son château d'eau
Old December 19th 04, 01:11 PM
Mark S.

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 07:54:03 +0000, Robert Marshall
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004, Tx2 wrote:

In article ,
, a.k.a Mark S. says...

If the likes of CCL have scared you off I'd give it up as a bad
job...
;-)

I might just give them another try though, they seem to get few
complaints in here these days.

If you can view the website! For me it's taking about 5 minutes to
download
http://www.cclonline.com/ and similar times for anything else
on the site, not that I've had the patience to try too many!

It wasn't like this a few weeks ago..

Robert

I placed an order with CCL in the early hours the other day, using a
new card regsitered to my new address with delivery to my old address.
Obviously expecting problems... they emailed me first thing querying
the order details, I wrote back explaining the situation and it was
all sorted and processed.

Mark S.
Old December 19th 04, 08:55 PM
Well-Tech Ltd

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...

Not at all so far as I am concerned.

Firstly you suggest I "surely" should be using trade, and now when I
agree with what the OP says, you call it rubbish ...

FACT : after 3 years of trading as a Sole Trader, and having actually
used trade suppliers, my business has found no benefit in doing so, both
through cost and time.

FACT : After ten years as n limited company I say you're taking rubbish.

FACT : The statement made above is quite correct AFAIC. There is a
common perception that trade is *always* cheaper. It isn't in my
experience which has unquestionably proven it.

FACT : It is always cheaper

FACT : I don't do enough business in hardware/software sales to benefit
from the higher volume discounts offered by traders.

FACT: You don't need to buy in major bulk to benefit from trade prices (and
service for that matter) which are miles better than the retail sites you're
talking about.

YMMV, so please don't 'rubbish' mine. I'm 'speaking' from experience of
my business, you are 'speaking' via assumptions of it.

FACT : I'm speaking from years more experience than you, you are the one
making assumptions.

Old December 19th 04, 09:08 PM
Well-Tech Ltd

YMMV, so please don't 'rubbish' mine. I'm 'speaking' from experience of
my business, you are 'speaking' via assumptions of it.

Calling on all your three years of experience, you should also be aware of
the fact that a trade supplier, and by that I mean ones that don't deal with
the general public at all, will be dealing with probably fifty times fewer
orders per day than the likes of ebuyer, aria etc (although each order will
be larger) they are less prone to f***ing orders up.

When I had my retail shop, I received probably about six orders per week
from two or three trade suppliers and I can count on my fingers the number
of complaints I had about supplier service. Add to that, a miles better RMA
service etc (probably again based on the fact that they deal with
numerically fewer customers). Then the fact the actual pounds and pennies
saving may be small if your orders are small, you're still likely to come
out ahead because of reliability and quality service.

Old December 20th 04, 09:07 AM

Well-Tech Ltd wrote:

FACT : The statement made above is quite correct AFAIC. There is a
common perception that trade is *always* cheaper. It isn't in my
experience which has unquestionably proven it.

FACT : It is always cheaper

Can we stop the silly 'FACT' bit please.

So, can you name some of these trade suppliers please, I have a
limited company and buy both software and hardware fairly regularly
(but in small quantities) and would be pleased to hear of reliable
suppliers.

--
Chris Green
Old December 20th 04, 05:22 PM
Well-Tech Ltd

wrote in message ...
Well-Tech Ltd wrote:

So, can you name some of these trade suppliers please, I have a
limited company and buy both software and hardware fairly regularly
(but in small quantities) and would be pleased to hear of reliable
suppliers.

--
Chris Green

Chris,

For software, try www.softsource.co.uk, hardware try KMS, VIP and for some
things, Target Components, for stuff like cables and patch panels, try
Connections (www.cxcxcx.com), but in all cases, with the possible exception
of VIP, do your negotiating on the phone and don't take website prices as
'reality'. In the case of CX, phone them and tell them that you got their
name/number from CTO.

It's hardly worth a response to the other asshole, but you'll be able to
beat even the cheapest retailers even on small orders with the above. The
important thing is to research and negotiate. Get yourself on the
circulation of CTO magazine. You'll still see ads for the likes of
Softsource and Aria in there, but you'll also find some much better disties.

Cheers,

Ally.

Old December 20th 04, 05:26 PM
Well-Tech Ltd

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...

complete pish snipped

Fair enough, you obviously have the whole market pretty well sussed. ;-)

Old December 20th 04, 05:32 PM
Well-Tech Ltd

"Tx2" wrote in message
t...

Belittlement does sod all for integrity, but see my other response to
your assumptions.

You're the one who originally stated that you were talking from experience
while I was talking from opinion. Suit yourself mate, I don't really care
how much money you throw away. Strangely enough, my original posting was
aimed at helping you, or suggesting that you should be using trade suppliers
to service your customers. It's your 'business' but as your original posting
was based around worries about suppliers, I thought you may have welcomed a
bit of advice, and my advice would be 'use proper trade suppliers'. If you
don't want to take it, feel free not to.

bit scared.... Rex Mundi General 3 March 3rd 05 02:32 PM
Scared to death with A7V8X-X!!!!! cimetière Overclocking AMD Processors 11 July 25th 04 01:54 AM
Scared to death with A7V8X-X!!!!! cimetière Asus Motherboards 5 July 16th 04 10:51 AM
Need URGENT cooling advice!! I'm too scared to do anything much! Perdita X. Dream General 11 October 25th 03 04:49 AM
Is Duron 1.3GHz Compatible with KT7 (non Raid) m'board....I'm scared..... Fig \(Cable\) Overclocking AMD Processors 1 September 12th 03 07:13 PM