Patriot Pison/SLCTLC

Old August 23rd 18, 09:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Patriot Pison/SLCTLC

256G SSD Blaze
There is also a non-Blaze version, exclusively labeled for Amazon
marketing. Patriot is still among names among memory types, so it's
also got the $50-80 premium on this type of middle-grade TLC SSD.

Without saying, Patriot has presence for honoring the warranty (3
years). I've only a couple of long-working Patriot USB flashsticks
for experience.

I didn't bother getting into the NAND architectural intimacies, a V-
prefix or 3D proposals, charge/refresh voltage states. Just the
minimum spec:

80Terabyte write life expectancy, which is acceptable, as well as
relatively slow writes.

I could have had the Blaze for $29, on a coupon, from a yesterday-only
sale.

Saw a couple builder-types, flipping them out, who probably paid more
over a course of 10 or 20 purchases: well reviewed and without
incidence. Basic utilization, wrap and bag, whambam grease me, and
here's your lap/desktop. Just a couple, almost anomalous to
significant complaints from a single-purchases with a failure rating.
Nothing conspicuously identifiable for a failure reason, and not yet
near a bulk following of reports;- Sixty reviews accounted yesterday
nonetheless being somewhat quick for NewStacked NAND, as likely due to
the brand.

How many are fools, among the reviewers, would seem most pertinent.
Enough for me - I like a fool-proof drive, and tend think a good sale
on a 500G Samsung, in V-NAND, worth the extra $20. Newest TLC
Samsungs are besides pushing 350T TBW write-capacity rating. Quite
some discrepancy over Patriot's 80T, that and most everything else,
including a warranty, which all mean little to me.

SSD drives engineered to break for fools still translates into not
fool-proof, no matter how they stick it in their old laptop and try to
smoke it.