HP CE320 or CE540A

Old May 18th 15, 10:37 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
myfathersson

Default HP CE320 or CE540A

Does anyone know if these two cartridges are in any way interchangeable please?

I have a few 540As which do not fit the 320A slot: Can I change the end pieces to make them fit or is there less to this similarity than meets the eye?
Old May 20th 15, 02:47 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Yianni[_4_]

"myfathersson" wrote in message
Does anyone know if these two cartridges are in any way interchangeable
please?

I have a few 540As which do not fit the 320A slot: Can I change the end
pieces to make them fit or is there less to this similarity than meets the
eye?

You are right. Just change the two end pieces.
To avoid separating the two parts of the cartridge, change one by one, not
both at the same time.

Old May 20th 15, 06:48 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
myfathersson

Yeah, I did a careful inspection and couldn't see any differences but I thought I would check: However, after taking one end piece out of both carts, I then struggled for a half an hour to get the 320 piece on the 540 before giving up! Seems you have to press the two separating pieces against some springs in some unusual direction(s).

(As a cross-check, I did try to see how easy it was to put the 320 end piece back on the 320 and, given my general competence level, it wouldn't go on either!

Curiously, there aren't any Youube videos on putting that piece BACK ON to either cartridge either)
Old May 22nd 15, 11:57 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Yianni[_4_]

(As a cross-check, I did try to see how easy it was to put the 320 end
piece back
on the 320 and, given my general competence level, it wouldn't go on
either!

To put each end piece back is a bit tricky but not difficult. Just try to
put it back GRASPING the whole cartridge with one hand (wearing a glove for
not damaging the opc drum) and the end plate with THE OTHER HAND. Then try
to put it back with no much force, just play pushing at different places
(and moving it in all directions, left-right, up-down). You won't understand
when it will be back!!

Another trick is, while you have grasped the cartridge, grasp with a bit
force (the two sections of the cartridge will move together a few
mili-meters, there are two springs for this reason).