Another reason for owning an air compressor.

Old December 28th 09, 07:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
GMAN[_13_]

Default Another reason for owning an air compressor.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/13/ventblockers/
Old December 28th 09, 07:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One[_2_]

Yeah but this is more fun. Almost makes you want to have the comp fail...
It's good to live in the US of A. :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzRF-5IWrm0

Old December 28th 09, 08:20 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Michael W. Ryder[_2_]

GMAN wrote:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/13/ventblockers/

They talked of mice and spiders in the computers but not one mention of
a 10 foot boa constrictor. One of the vice presidents brought me one of
his computers that quit working. I asked what had happened and he said
that his boa constrictor had got loose and after snacking on some baby
chicks slithered into the case for a nap while the computer was running.
Evidently all of him fit in the case. Fortunately I only had to
reconnect a loose cable for the computer to work again.
Old December 28th 09, 09:00 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
GMAN[_13_]

In article , "First of One" wrote:
Yeah but this is more fun. Almost makes you want to have the comp fail...
It's good to live in the US of A. :-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzRF-5IWrm0

More 50 Cal video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOZoYIoyjuM
Old December 28th 09, 11:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Cronos

GMAN wrote:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/13/ventblockers/

Ugh, some people are just disgusting. How anyone can let their PC get to
the state of those pics is beyond me. One of my PCs has a case that is
almost ten years old and it looks better now than it did new. Started
out beige but has a cool gun metal oxide paint finish now.
Old December 29th 09, 02:39 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Michael W. Ryder[_2_]

Cronos wrote:
GMAN wrote:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/13/ventblockers/

Ugh, some people are just disgusting. How anyone can let their PC get to
the state of those pics is beyond me. One of my PCs has a case that is
almost ten years old and it looks better now than it did new. Started
out beige but has a cool gun metal oxide paint finish now.

I guess that you are not surrounded by desert. I am constantly cleaning
computers from one of our offices. The office building is surrounded by
open desert with very fine dirt and the back doors open directly onto
that dirt. Heat sinks often fail after a couple of years of this and I
have replaced a couple of heat sink fans where the bearings started failing.
Old December 29th 09, 09:49 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
GMAN[_13_]

In article , "Michael W. Ryder" wrote:
Cronos wrote:
GMAN wrote:
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/11/13/ventblockers/

Ugh, some people are just disgusting. How anyone can let their PC get to
the state of those pics is beyond me. One of my PCs has a case that is
almost ten years old and it looks better now than it did new. Started
out beige but has a cool gun metal oxide paint finish now.

I guess that you are not surrounded by desert. I am constantly cleaning
computers from one of our offices. The office building is surrounded by
open desert with very fine dirt and the back doors open directly onto
that dirt. Heat sinks often fail after a couple of years of this and I
have replaced a couple of heat sink fans where the bearings started failing.

Living in Utah , I am definately surrounded by desert, and mountains etc....
Old December 29th 09, 11:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Cronos

Michael W. Ryder wrote:

I guess that you are not surrounded by desert. I am constantly cleaning
computers from one of our offices. The office building is surrounded by
open desert with very fine dirt and the back doors open directly onto
that dirt. Heat sinks often fail after a couple of years of this and I
have replaced a couple of heat sink fans where the bearings started
failing.

I live in a semi-arid area and in the summer my car always gets a layer
of yellow dust on it but those PCs in the pics are due to gross neglect
and not desert dust. I clean the inside of my PCs about every three
months and those PCs haven't been cleaned ever.
Old December 30th 09, 01:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
GMAN[_13_]

In article , Cronos wrote:
Michael W. Ryder wrote:

I guess that you are not surrounded by desert. I am constantly cleaning
computers from one of our offices. The office building is surrounded by
open desert with very fine dirt and the back doors open directly onto
that dirt. Heat sinks often fail after a couple of years of this and I
have replaced a couple of heat sink fans where the bearings started
failing.

I live in a semi-arid area and in the summer my car always gets a layer
of yellow dust on it but those PCs in the pics are due to gross neglect
and not desert dust. I clean the inside of my PCs about every three
months and those PCs haven't been cleaned ever.

Looks like a lot of tar and nicotine from smokers.
Old December 30th 09, 02:27 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Cronos

GMAN wrote:

Looks like a lot of tar and nicotine from smokers.

Yes, and I do smoke too. A long time ago a case fan I neglected to keep
clean started to look pretty nasty from smoke and dust but some 99%
isopropyl(sp?) alcohol cleaned it right up and then gave it a squirt of
silicon lubricant inside the sleeve. Good as new.