How to send commands to a SATA 500GB Maxtor hard disk directly

Old June 5th 09, 09:15 AM posted to comp.arch.storage
Emilio

Default How to send commands to a SATA 500GB Maxtor hard disk directly

Good morning,

as the title says I'd like to send commands (shown in the disk user
manual) to a disk directly.

Is it possible throug a line command o something similar?

Thank you, Emilio.
Old June 5th 09, 09:35 AM posted to comp.arch.storage
Maxim S. Shatskih[_2_]

In Linux of FreeBSD, maybe. Out of the box. Something like "camcontrol" and "atacontrol" can help.

In Windows - 3rd party software is needed.

--
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP

http://www.storagecraft.com

Old June 5th 09, 09:40 AM posted to comp.arch.storage
Emilio

On 5 Giu, 10:35, "Maxim S. Shatskih"
wrote:
* * In Linux of FreeBSD, maybe. Out of the box. Something like "camcontrol" and "atacontrol" can help.

* * In Windows - 3rd party software is needed.

--
Maxim S. Shatskih
Windows DDK MVP

"Emilio" wrote in ...
Good morning,

as the title says I'd like to send commands (shown in the disk user
manual) to a disk directly.

Is it possible throug a line command o something similar?

Thank you, Emilio.

Hi Maxim
may you indicate me some 3rd party software?