Lexamark Cartridge No 31

Old May 21st 09, 12:31 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
species8350

Default Lexamark Cartridge No 31

Hi,

I am thinking of buying an empty no 31.

Bearing in mind that the cartridge is empty, would I have any trouble
in re-activating it?

What is the best method of storing an empty cartridge untill I need
it?

How many colours can be introduced into the cartridge (include balck
in your list)?

Would I need to use special inks?

Thanks
Old May 21st 09, 10:02 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Nicolaas Hawkins

On Thu, 21 May 2009 04:31:06 -0700 (PDT), species8350
wrote in
:

Hi,

I am thinking of buying an empty no 31.

Bearing in mind that the cartridge is empty, would I have any trouble
in re-activating it?

What is the best method of storing an empty cartridge untill I need
it?

How many colours can be introduced into the cartridge (include balck
in your list)?

Would I need to use special inks?

Thanks

I can just see the Messerschmitt climbing and turning for a strafing run on
this one.

--
- Nicolaas
Old May 22nd 09, 09:56 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
species8350

On May 21, 10:02*pm, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
On Thu, 21 May 2009 04:31:06 -0700 (PDT), species8350
*wrote in
:

Hi,

I am thinking of buying an empty no 31.

Bearing in mind that the cartridge is empty, would I have any trouble
in re-activating it?

What is the best method of storing an empty cartridge untill I need
it?

How many colours can be introduced into the cartridge (include balck
in your list)?

Would I need to use special inks?

Thanks

I can just see the Messerschmitt climbing and turning for a strafing run on
this one.

--
- Nicolaas- Hide quoted text -

Answers would have been more apt
Old May 22nd 09, 10:49 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Nicolaas Hawkins

On Fri, 22 May 2009 01:56:17 -0700 (PDT), species8350
wrote in
:

On May 21, 10:02Â*pm, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
On Thu, 21 May 2009 04:31:06 -0700 (PDT), species8350
Â*wrote in
:

Hi,

I am thinking of buying an empty no 31.

Bearing in mind that the cartridge is empty, would I have any trouble
in re-activating it?

What is the best method of storing an empty cartridge untill I need
it?

How many colours can be introduced into the cartridge (include balck
in your list)?

Would I need to use special inks?

Thanks

I can just see the Messerschmitt climbing and turning for a strafing run on
this one.

--
- Nicolaas- Hide quoted text -

Answers would have been more apt

So why haven't you posted one?

--
- Nicolaas
Old May 22nd 09, 09:25 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
John Chapman

I can just see the Messerschmitt climbing and turning for a strafing run on
this one.

--

Answers would have been more apt

So why haven't you posted one ?

Perhaps he got shot on the strafing run ?

Old May 23rd 09, 02:33 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
species8350

On May 22, 9:25*pm, John Chapman wrote:
I can just see the Messerschmitt climbing and turning for a strafing run on
this one.

--

*Answers would have been more apt

So why haven't you posted one ?

Perhaps he got shot on the strafing run ?

Is the black colour that would be produced from the photocartridge
indistinguishable from that produced by a black cartridge.
Old May 23rd 09, 02:34 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
species8350

On May 22, 10:49*am, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
[...]

I am asking questions, not supplying answers
Old May 23rd 09, 07:05 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Nicolaas Hawkins

On Fri, 22 May 2009 18:34:34 -0700 (PDT), species8350
wrote in
:

On May 22, 10:49Â*am, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
[...]

Â*Answers would have been more apt

So why haven't you posted one?

--
- Nicolaas- Hide quoted text -

I am asking questions, not supplying answers

I note that you have hardly been overwhelmed with answers. Now, why do you
imagine that might be?

--
- Nicolaas
Old May 23rd 09, 11:47 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
species8350

On May 23, 7:05*am, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
[...]

Unfortunatley, I seem to have attracted your attention
Old May 23rd 09, 02:14 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Arthur Entlich

I don;t use Lexmark printers. In general I find their inkjet products
are not very robust, and their ink cartridges are very costly.

To my knowledge Lexmark uses a thermal ink head which is incorporated
into the disposable cartridge. I am unfamiliar with the number 31. In
general I believe Lexmark uses two cartridges, one ganged with 3 or more
colors (CMY and sometimes CcMmY inks).

There may be some instructions on line (perhaps offered by some of the
3rd party ink companies) on how to refill the Lexmark cartridges
properly. You should probably look around and see what 3rd party ink
companies are offering.

The heads do dry out if left in the open air. I suggest you store the
cartridge in a sealed plastic bag to which you have added a small piece
of damp sponge. Just damp enough to keep a but of moisture i there.

This will help the ink still within the cartridge and head from drying
out.Try to keep the cartridge with the head portion up so it doesn't
start leaking ink over itself and everything else. I think all Lexmark
inks are dye based as opposed to pigment, meaning the inks will dissolve
more easily with water even when dried out.

Refilling cartridges can be somewhat messy and a bit tricky, and you may
wish to consider having someone else do it for you, and you may select
to have the cartridge refilled by some dealers. They usually charge
less (about half of that cartridge new).

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

Cartridge use species8350 Printers 3 February 19th 09 08:24 AM
Cartridge Failure Logic -- HP Cartridge #78, etc. Richard Steinfeld[_2_] Printers 1 September 6th 07 07:01 AM
Online store for Printer Ink Cartridge,Laser Toner,Solid Ink,Refill Kits,Ribbon Cartridge kathy tian Printers 5 November 11th 05 02:29 AM
#10 ink cartridge Help??? spock Printers 0 December 27th 04 03:31 PM
Air in the cartridge? SleeperMan Printers 0 September 20th 04 04:21 PM