Memory Upgrade Compaq Presario 900

Old May 30th 08, 10:18 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
- Bobb -

Default Memory Upgrade Compaq Presario 900

GO to www.crucial.com and have it scan your system and tell you what you have / what you need.

Compaq Presario 900 - Notebook ? or Desktop ? ( both models exist)

http://shop.crucial.com/1/4/19316-hp...ry-module.html

"james" wrote in message ...
The standard RAM in this machine is 256mb. I am trying to upgrade by
adding a 512mb card (specs say it's upgradable to 1GB). I am using an
ULTRA DDR Memory (PC2700, 333mHz) which is compatible with PC2100
266mHz). When adding this card to the 2nd slot, the system is not
recognizing it. I took out the original RAM and added only the 512mb
to the 1st slot and the computer would not turn on at all. Finally I
put the original 256mb card in the second slot and the 512mb card in
the 1st slot. The machine now runs, but it still only sees 256mb.
What else can I do/check?

Thanks.

Joe

Old June 1st 08, 06:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Joe[_21_]

Thanks for this.� I'm running Wiindows XP on a laptop.� I ran the
Crucial.com scan and it recommended I add 512mb in the 2nd slot which
I did, using the exact specifications they suggested. The computer
does not recognize it however. THough the memory is in place, their
scan picked it up as an empty slot.....
Old June 2nd 08, 02:05 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
- Bobb -

"Joe" wrote in message
Thanks for this.� I'm running Wiindows XP on a laptop.� I ran the
Crucial.com scan and it recommended I add 512mb in the 2nd slot which
I did, using the exact specifications they suggested. The computer
does not recognize it however. THough the memory is in place, their
scan picked it up as an empty slot.....

System doesn't see it in slot one,( you said won't boot)
System doesn't see it in slot two - sounds like bad/DOA 512mb memory
stick.
If you just bought it - send it back. If not, then buy a good one.