Dell Laptop battery

Old February 10th 08, 04:34 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
zara[_2_]

Default Dell Laptop battery

Are the ones on e-Bay from Hong Kong for $40 bucks worth getting?

Old February 10th 08, 04:46 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
tpow

"zara" wrote in message
Are the ones on e-Bay from Hong Kong for $40 bucks worth getting?

No........

just go get an original

Old February 10th 08, 04:48 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 10:34:44 -0500, "zara" wrote:

Are the ones on e-Bay from Hong Kong for $40 bucks worth getting?

I don't know because I've only dealt with Pacificbattery.com (and soon
to buy another battery from them) so I have no experience with others
but I'd be a little suspicious when the discount is 50% or more than
most other places. Aside from the damage issues, are you willing to
throw away $40 if it's no good?
Old February 10th 08, 04:58 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Bob Levine[_4_]

RnR wrote:

I don't know because I've only dealt with Pacificbattery.com

A second vote for Pacific Battery.

Bob
Old February 10th 08, 05:22 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Old February 10th 08, 11:31 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Sudohnim

"zara" wrote in message ...
Are the ones on e-Bay from Hong Kong for $40 bucks worth getting?

It might be possible to sell high quality Dell compatible batteries at that
price and make enough profit to keep an operation healthy and legit.
Then again, they might be cutting corners and the potential dangers
(remember the notebook battery fires?) are such that it would be best
to minimize the chances of that. Purchasing brand new non-refurbished
OEM batteries doesn't guarantee that you will receive one that is free
from defects and is as safe as possible. However, it would seem to be
the safest route. Several places, including www.pacificbattery.com and
http://www.atbatt.com/ advertise that they sell brand new genuine Dell
batteries. Their prices appear far more reasonable than what Dell
charges.
Old February 11th 08, 02:48 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
zara[_2_]

Default thank you all

Thank you all. I guess it's Pacific Battery.

Old February 11th 08, 04:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

On Sun, 10 Feb 2008 20:48:20 -0500, "zara" wrote:

Thank you all. I guess it's Pacific Battery.

I have no interest other than a customer in Pacific Battery but let us
know if they did you good before I use them again grin.
thanks and you're welcome from all of us.