Best system builders?

Old October 2nd 07, 12:49 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
JasonT

Default Best system builders?

It's coming around to that time of year when I start arguing with myself
whether to get a new comp or not, and it looks like this time I'm going
to win.

Any recommendations for good systems builder for a high-end box
primarily intended for work use but with a bit of gaming thrown in?
Probably talking around the 1500-2000ukp mark.

I used to get machines from Dell but they're often not enough 'oomph'
for demanding games, and sometimes there's not enough space inside to
upgrade them properly.

So I'm after a company which is reliable, uses good components, makes
boxes which don't overheat easily, and, of course, are good value too.

Anyone have any personal experiences they'd like to share?

Jason
Old October 3rd 07, 09:14 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
[email protected]

On 2 Oct, 21:53, Dr Teeth wrote:
YOU!

I'd agree with that, but otherwise have no hesitation in recommending
www.overclockers.co.uk, or my local computer store in Bourne,
Lincolnshire.

Old October 3rd 07, 10:55 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
JasonT

wrote:
On 2 Oct, 21:53, Dr Teeth wrote:
YOU!

I'd agree with that, but otherwise have no hesitation in recommending
www.overclockers.co.uk, or my local computer store in Bourne,
Lincolnshire.

Thanks both, I'll have a look into those.
Old October 5th 07, 10:43 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
nobody

"Dr Teeth" wrote in message
news
I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when
lid (JasonT) opened his gob and said:

Thanks both, I'll have a look into those.

overclockers.co.uk does not have a good rep for customer
service/support last I heard.

They are not to be confused with overclock.co.uk who are a top-hole
outfit...don't know if they build systems though g.

You might want to read this about overclock.co.uk

http://www.overclock.co.uk/content/Notice_118.html

The old overclock were Perfex Ltd who operated from Slough Trading Estate so
looks like no connection with new owners. Although phoenixism is not unknown
in this area of business :-)

Old October 6th 07, 12:14 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when "nobody"
nobody@home opened his gob and said:

You might want to read this about overclock.co.uk

I read about that today in one of my magazines. Gutted does not come
close to how I feel. The original company had BRILLIANT customer
service.

Have to see how the new lot behaves.

--
Cheers,

Guy

UK trade fairs for system builders Chris Nowak UK Computer Vendors 11 March 16th 05 09:07 AM
well-known builders JB Homebuilt PC's 5 October 18th 04 10:36 PM
NVidia 6800 Card and System Builders John Lewis Nvidia Videocards 6 April 15th 04 09:16 PM
PC builders in Weymouth Troy UK Computer Vendors 1 September 2nd 03 07:40 PM
Any system builders for profit use ebay? jm Homebuilt PC's 5 August 2nd 03 03:15 AM