Ebuyer - wtf?

Old September 6th 07, 10:20 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Hugh

Default Ebuyer - wtf?

"Bruce Stephens" In this case, though, Ebuyer seem to be claiming that the
card wasn't
faulty (IIUC). In that case I suspect they'll try and charge for the
postage.

Don't they charge a test fee on NFF's as well?
Think its about a fiver?
Or did you stipulate on the RMA that only the bracket was bent?

Old September 6th 07, 10:39 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
DerekBaker

* Brian:
"DerekBaker" wrote in message
Returned a new graphic card to ebuyer yesterday. The bracket was bent so
the card could not be installed.

Might have not been a bad idea to have straightened the bracket yourself?
Of was it really really bent??

No way I could have straightened it while one the card. Taking the
bracket off didn't occur to me until after I'd repackaged the card and
applied for the RMA - hadn't removed a bracket before.

--
Derek
Old September 7th 07, 10:42 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
DerekBaker

* Palindrome:
DerekBaker wrote:
* Palindrome:
DerekBaker wrote:
Returned a new graphic card to ebuyer yesterday. The bracket was
bent so the card could not be installed.

Today they tell me that the fault can not be replicated and they're
returning the card (naturally I've already ordered another elsewhere.)

What's going on?

Am I too cynical thinking that they merely bent the bracket and sent
it back?

It sounds like you returned it under SOGA as faulty. They have chosen
to repair it. They may have fitted a replacement bracket or may have
straightened the original. In either event, it is quite possibly a
successful repair and the card is now fully functional.

Quite possibly, though repairing it ain't the same thing as not being
able to replicate the fault.

"Straightened out the bracket" possibly isn't on their list of actions..
The company may insist that they choose from a fixed list, or the system
may not allow anything else, and the individual chose one that he
thought would do..

If they repair stuff, one would assume that 'repaired it' would be an
option.

--
Derek
Old September 8th 07, 10:48 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Jeremiah Harbottle

Am I too cynical thinking that they merely bent the bracket and sent it
back?

Why didn't you just do that? I've had plenty of cards that are slightly
bent. Rather than go through the hassle of sending/taking it back, I just
bent it back into place!