Mesh computers

Old October 26th 07, 10:02 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Roger Pearse

Default Mesh computers

Any experiences, positive or negative, recently with Mesh Computers
here in the UK? I'm thinking of buying a GX700 laptop.

http://www.meshcomputers.com/Default...UCT&KEY=226530

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Old October 28th 07, 01:21 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
bertieboy

In message .com,
Roger Pearse writes
Any experiences, positive or negative, recently with Mesh Computers
here in the UK? I'm thinking of buying a GX700 laptop.

http://www.meshcomputers.com/Default...PAGE&USG=PRODU
CT&ENT=PRODUCT&KEY=226530

All the best,

Roger Pearse

Well, I had always come across bad reports of them but these were all
hearsay, I had no personal experience of them. I did find a newsgroup
where the pros outweighed the cons so I reckoned they can't be as bad as
I had heard. On that basis I decided to buy an Elite Premiers Pro
desktop. I was able to configure it online to the spec and price I could
afford (obviously based on the component options available). It looked
to me to be a good buy on the whole. I also went for 1 year on site
service on the basis that any faults ought to manifest themselves in the
first year and after that I could handle it myself.
I took delivery of the system on 1st June. It was well packed, all the
parts were there apart from bits & bobs to do with the TV Tuner which
were quickly sent to me. No damage, apart from a very minor cosmetic
scratch on the front cover, no problem
I did find that the flat screen monitor didn't work in DVI mode at all
but 2 or 3 phone calls got me to the maker who swapped out the monitor
which has been fine since. The only other problem I've had is that the
fan on the GeForce card became noisy. The card was replaced on site.
Since I bought the system I discovered that Mesh now have a Users Group
forum where you can post queries about your system. I have found this to
be very good as Mesh moderators are excellent with their handling of all
sorts of queries. I would say if you had any problems that is the place
to ask rather than the normal help desk phone staff.
Mesh, like a lot of builders, provide the OS on a recovery
disk/partition so any major rebuild means all the junk (trial) software
gets bunged onto your system again which means you'll need to clean it
out again! I got round this by buying XP Pro (I didn't really want
Vista, another story, and reformatting, creating partitions to my
liking. I discovered (too late) that there was no driver disk supplied,
so I had no drivers after the format! No matter, Mesh supplied me with a
disk and URL's to whatever I needed. There is no manual as such. It
comes with a large poster size sheet giving connection details but
nothing else, not a big problem.
So, am I happy? Yes. Would I buy from Mesh again? Yes. Would I recommend
them? Yes I would. After 4 months use, the system has worked fine, the
build was neat and tidy, I got what I asked for so I am very pleased.
HTH

--
bertieboy
Old October 31st 07, 09:19 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Roger Pearse

On 28 Oct, 12:21, bertieboy wrote:
In message .com,
Roger Pearse writesAny experiences, positive or negative, recently with Mesh Computers
[...]

Many thanks indeed -- most interesting.

Roger Pearse

Mesh computers? bertieboy UK Computer Vendors 4 May 22nd 07 09:25 PM
Mesh computers Tim Smith General 4 July 19th 05 04:07 PM
MESH Computers NTLNewsgroup General 2 January 13th 05 04:13 PM
Mesh Computers Roy Bean UK Computer Vendors 2 November 27th 04 05:40 PM
MESH Computers xyz UK Computer Vendors 2 June 3rd 04 08:46 PM