Rock Laptops - Important "heads-up".

Old April 20th 07, 09:06 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

Default Rock Laptops - Important "heads-up".

I recently got my new Rock Laptop and am very happy with it, except
for one important thing.

It came with Vista (no, that's not it) but System restore was not
working and throwing up errors. This only happened when I tried to
change some settings. If one does not check it, one would only find
the hard way that System Restore was ****ed - if one does not try to
configure it, no errors are generated.

It took a minute to fix but it is a shame that a) the computer was
shipped in that state and b) I have not had a reply from Rock two days
after telling them about this.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old April 21st 07, 02:45 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Dr Teeth

I was just thinking how wonderful life was, when Tx2
opened his gob and said:

YMMV (as no doubt will the bloke who bought a Dell off eBay and pops up
everytime i post to say he got a better deall yada yada)

Yep. The first *and last* Dell I bought was a P133 in 1995 ;-). My
bro-in-law has also had much more recent issues with their CS.

With my notebook, there is a 3 year C&R insurance backed warranty, 7
day no quibble return and proper Vista media (not a recovery disk).

Happy St George's day.

--
Cheers,

Guy

Old April 29th 07, 12:33 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors
Carl Warnell

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 21:36:22 +0100, Tx2
wrote:

I'd not buy a laptop from anyone else but Dell for assurance of top
notch after sales service.

Except that all the Dell laptops I've owned have been over-priced,
plasticky crap.

The base model MacBook is GBP749: Dell should be ashamed of the
rubbish they're shifting at this price point.

--
Carl Warnell ' o/ FORE! . . |