Anyone else ordered a Dell on the Nectar Triple Points and Free shipping promo, yet been charged shipping?

Old January 1st 07, 07:22 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Jonathan

Default Anyone else ordered a Dell on the Nectar Triple Points and Free shipping promo, yet been charged shipping?

I'm sure it's nothing, perhaps a mistake, but I got an email saying that if
I ordered by 31st Dec, I'd get triple points and free shipping.

I checked the T&C carefully, entered my Nectar number, got it accepted,
chose and ordered a system...and they charged £51(!!!) delivery.
I got the order confirmation today, and again, there's a delivery charge. I
don't see the order on my card yet, but has anyone else had this happen?
The only exclusion was that free shipping wasn't on the Dell Outlet, and
this system definitely wasn't.

I proceeded with the order as it was late last night, and I didn't want to
lose out on the offer.

Old January 1st 07, 09:11 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
ray

"Jonathan" wrote in message
I'm sure it's nothing, perhaps a mistake, but I got an email saying that
if I ordered by 31st Dec, I'd get triple points and free shipping.

I checked the T&C carefully, entered my Nectar number, got it accepted,
chose and ordered a system...and they charged £51(!!!) delivery.
I got the order confirmation today, and again, there's a delivery charge.
I don't see the order on my card yet, but has anyone else had this happen?
The only exclusion was that free shipping wasn't on the Dell Outlet, and
this system definitely wasn't.

I proceeded with the order as it was late last night, and I didn't want to
lose out on the offer.

Why did you accept the £51 charge for delivery and pay for it? You should
have called or sent an email to clarify the position, or ordered it over the
phone.
Dell will say you agreed to the delivery charge by going ahead with the
order.
You can get better deals in the highstreet by shopping around.

Old January 1st 07, 09:12 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.vendors
Bob Eager

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007 20:11:34 UTC, "ray" wrote:

"Jonathan" wrote in message
I'm sure it's nothing, perhaps a mistake, but I got an email saying that
if I ordered by 31st Dec, I'd get triple points and free shipping.

I proceeded with the order as it was late last night, and I didn't want to
lose out on the offer.

Why did you accept the £51 charge for delivery and pay for it? You should
have called or sent an email to clarify the position, or ordered it over the
phone.

Read the post again.

--
[Davism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
euthanasia recommended.
Old January 1st 07, 10:23 PM posted to uk.comp.vendors,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Charlie Mitchell

Jonathan wrote:
I'm sure it's nothing, perhaps a mistake, but I got an email saying that if
I ordered by 31st Dec, I'd get triple points and free shipping.

I checked the T&C carefully, entered my Nectar number, got it accepted,
chose and ordered a system...and they charged £51(!!!) delivery.
I got the order confirmation today, and again, there's a delivery charge. I
don't see the order on my card yet, but has anyone else had this happen?
The only exclusion was that free shipping wasn't on the Dell Outlet, and
this system definitely wasn't.

I proceeded with the order as it was late last night, and I didn't want to
lose out on the offer.

The nectar points thing has to be one of the biggest rip offs
dell have got going.

I went through Nectar, built an E521 system and it came to
£954.

Built the same machine through the website directly without
going through the Nectar website and it came to £881, the spec
of the machine is Identical in every way.

--
(\__/) Charlie Mitchell.
(='.'=) Smooth Christmas Radio NOW ONLINE!

Old January 2nd 07, 01:33 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Charlie Mitchell:
Jonathan wrote:
[...]

Plus nectar points are useless anyway.

Old January 3rd 07, 01:29 AM posted to uk.comp.vendors,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Charlie Mitchell

I went through Nectar, built an E521 system and it came to
£954.

Built the same machine through the website directly without
going through the Nectar website and it came to £881, the spec
of the machine is Identical in every way.

Plus nectar points are useless anyway.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they were useless, yes they're
pretty worthless until you've got a decent amount, but 500
points will give you £2.50 off your sainsburys shop or £2.50
off at Argos.

The only time I collect them nowadays though is through doing
online surveys at TNS, the nearest sainsburys to us is in
Liverpool and even sainsburys food isn't worth venturing into
that hell hole!
Old January 5th 07, 01:51 PM posted to alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains,uk.comp.vendors
Jonathan

"Jonathan" wrote in message
I'm sure it's nothing, perhaps a mistake, but I got an email saying
that
if I ordered by 31st Dec, I'd get triple points and free shipping.

I proceeded with the order as it was late last night, and I didn't want
lose out on the offer.

Why did you accept the £51 charge for delivery and pay for it? You
should
have called or sent an email to clarify the position, or ordered it over
the
phone.

Read the post again.

Quite! To follow up, Dell say it's Nectars concern, Nectar say it's Dell.
I emailed Dell to say "don't bother shipping this until sorted" - only to
get a phone call from the office to say the damn thing arrived!

Which I suppose is a good thing because I can make a point that if it costs
Dell £51 to ship, then it's just gonna cost them another £51 to return!
Or...they could just do the right thing and fulfill the offer?