Seagate Drive Replacement ST330621A

Old April 30th 04, 03:13 PM
iambf

Default Seagate Drive Replacement ST330621A

My Seagate Drive from my Presario 5004CA died 2 weeks ago and I've got
a years worth of digital photos that weren't backed up on the drive. I
sent the drive to a data recovery center and they gave me free
estimate of $600.00 but told me that if I could find a matching
circuit board for the drive and replaced it there is a good chance
that the data is fully intact.

I pickedup a matching model drive on eBay but the circuit board isn't
100% the same and would spin the drive but not recognize the OS. I'm
guessing there's a difference in the firmware, etc.

Does anybody have a matching Seagate Drive from their Presario who'd
be willing to sell, trade (for the working one I bought on eBay) or
combination of both? Any other suggestions on how to get my hands on a
matching circuit board?

Here's the details on the drive:
Seagate ST330621A U 5
30 Gig
Part No 9R4004-030
Config Level 2EAAAA
Config Code YDD03
Firmware 3.07

Circuit Board 61668-005 Rev C

email me directly at *m
just remember to remove the *'s first.
Old May 3rd 04, 09:00 PM
Cubzilla

Are you saying the fault drive would not boot , if so put it on as a slave
drive to an existing system and try accessing it

Regards

om...

Old May 5th 04, 03:47 AM
iambf

Thanks for the suggestion....I've tried the drive as master, slave and
stand alone with no luck. With the new circuit board the drive
receives power and spins but is not recognized by the bios.