Printer cartridges

Old November 15th 14, 08:15 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Keith Nuttle

Default Printer cartridges

I am being forced to buy a new printer because the HP78 cartridge for my
computer is disappearing from shelves of the local stores,

The HP78Xl will print an average of 900 pages for about $72. I have
looked at some of the new HP printers with the HP61 cartridge and they
will print about 200 pages for 25 dollars. Obviously much more
expensive inks.

Is there a website that will allow you to compare the pages per
cartridge for the different brands of printers. HP, Canon, Epson, etc.

Is there another source for this information.
Old November 15th 14, 10:21 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
micky

On Sat, 15 Nov 2014 14:15:49 -0500, Keith Nuttle
wrote:

I am being forced to buy a new printer because the HP78 cartridge for my
computer is disappearing from shelves of the local stores,

Have you tried the web?

HP 45 + 78 (BLACK + COLOR) Ink Cartridges for HP Deskjet 990cse 995ck +
More

$24.36

Old November 16th 14, 05:25 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
s.mark

On Saturday, November 15, 2014 2:15:57 PM UTC-5, Keith Nuttle wrote:
I am being forced to buy a new printer because the HP78 cartridge for my
computer is disappearing from shelves of the local stores,

The HP78Xl will print an average of 900 pages for about $72. I have
looked at some of the new HP printers with the HP61 cartridge and they
will print about 200 pages for 25 dollars. Obviously much more
expensive inks.

Is there a website that will allow you to compare the pages per
cartridge for the different brands of printers. HP, Canon, Epson, etc.

Is there another source for this information.

Keith: I use HP 78 cartridges, but will never pay $72 for a cartridge. I buy refilled ones and have never had a problem. Check out ABCink.com for instance. I you click on the cartridge that you want, it will also give the yield for number of pages it will print. I find the specs for the ink supplies for many printers--especially for those with built in printheads to be misleading and low, because the printer wastes a lot of ink doing cleaning cycles, which many do regularly and automatically to keep the printheads from clogging. The old HP cartridges seem much larger than any of the new ones and hold more ink. I use a couple of old HP printers and they are built better than any of the new ones, don't have chips on the cartridges that hinder refilling and just keep working and working.

hp and other printer cartridges Charles V. Rennaker Printers 9 December 2nd 05 07:40 PM
Printer Cartridges for Colour Printer 720 Tim JN Dell Computers 12 January 25th 05 02:56 AM
Printer Cartridges M P Printers 6 September 10th 03 01:26 PM
Printer cartridges? Joey Printers 1 September 6th 03 01:07 PM
printer Cartridges JR Printers 0 July 10th 03 11:49 AM