Problem With Default Settings For HP 8250 Printer

Old July 2nd 13, 03:34 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mort[_2_]

Default Problem With Default Settings For HP 8250 Printer

Hi,

I suddenly have a problem that I never had before. I am running Windows
XP Pro , and my printer is an HP Photosmart 8250. It is an older model,
which I keep for its 6-ink setup that gives superb color for my pictures.

My standard default setting is for letter size paper (8.5 x 11"), and
portrait (vertical) orientation. In the past, when I printed something
in another size or orientation, and the computer was shut down and then
restarted, the printer reverted to the letter size and portrait
orientation. Now however, it stays at 5x7" size and landscape
orientation,and I must manually reset these 2 parameters each time that
I print. It is especially bothersome when I must make a lot of prints.

What must I do, in order to make letter size and portrait orientation
the actual default settings? HP will not help me, as the unit is out of
warranty.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Than you.

Mort Linder
Old July 2nd 13, 12:11 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "Mort"

Hi,

[...]

You have to set defaults in the "Printers and Faxes" dialogue/Control Panel Applet not
within an application.

When you set defaults in the "Printers and Faxes", those settings are inherited by all
applications and should remain over reboots. When you set defaults within the Print
Dialogue of an application, they are volitile.

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Old July 2nd 13, 02:42 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Mort[_2_]

From: "Mort"

Hi,

[...]

Hi David,

Thanks a lot for your helpful post. I tried your advice now, and it
works.Like so many things with software, it seems to be easy once you
know how.

Regards,

Mort

Old July 3rd 13, 03:20 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
David H. Lipman

From: "Mort"

From: "Mort"

Hi,

[...]

YW and thanx for the update !

--
Dave
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Bad default TV settings in CCC testeur Ati Videocards 1 February 8th 10 11:16 PM
Nero default settings KenB Cdr 3 March 13th 07 01:42 AM
NIC card settings for Dimension 8250 Doug Dell Computers 3 February 14th 05 01:15 PM
CX5200 Default Settings Jose Printers 0 December 5th 04 10:28 AM
9800xt Default settings Lee Marsh Ati Videocards 1 July 24th 04 04:29 PM