2405FPW LCD in Australia/New Zealand

Old April 8th 05, 01:51 AM
gimp

Default 2405FPW LCD in Australia/New Zealand

Dell Australia have pulled the 2405FPW 24" LCD from their website, and
here in New Zealand it has never appeared on the site, and the 20"
2005FPW has been pulled from NZ.

Are these products going to be sold in Australia and New Zealand, and if
not, why not?
Old April 8th 05, 04:44 AM
Brian K

The Dell representative will tell you it is unavailable, but insist on
having it and they will say the opposite.

Brian

Old April 8th 05, 04:58 AM
gimp

Brian K wrote:
The Dell representative will tell you it is unavailable, but insist on
having it and they will say the opposite.

ok will try that seems bizare though - i still think they should get
off their fat arses and have a consistant policy of availability for
peripherals.

another thing i noticed is the poor quality of the Au & NZ websites -
they have always problems when selecting LCD items - it doesn't bring up
a page with specs like the US website does, just refreshes the same
page. pretty lame for a major IT brand.

Old April 9th 05, 02:55 AM
Buck Rogers

On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:58:57 +1200, gimp wrote:

another thing i noticed is the poor quality of the Au & NZ websites -
they have always problems when selecting LCD items - it doesn't bring up
a page with specs like the US website does, just refreshes the same
page. pretty lame for a major IT brand.

I've never tried to look for LCD items on the Oz DEll site. However, I
do check the site out for systems, and I find the site to be excellent.

Have you been to the compaq/HP site? I tried to find information on
their AMD systems, and had no luck at all, after extensive searching.
I wanted system info so I could make a purchase - they are never going
to get my business now. I seriously wonder if compaq/HP manage to sell
many systems at all from their site. The site designers should be sacked
immediately.