XP2200 Tbred B and A7V8X rev 1.04

Old June 22nd 03, 06:05 PM
Wes Newell

Default XP2200 Tbred B and A7V8X rev 1.04

On Sun, 22 Jun 2003 10:24:10 +0000, Fig wrote:

Hi peoples,

I have recently bought a new XP2200 Tbred for my existing m/b.
Does my m/b support multiplier adjustments as im pretty sure this new cpu is
unlocked(L1's are uncut) ?
At present im running a Palamino XP2000 with water cooling and the cpu is
locked(L1's are cut)
I know that in the bios i can not adjust the multiplier, only the fsb but i
am not interested in adjusting the fsb as past experience has proven thats a
volatile area, but a can use the fsb for fine tuning only.

My setup is :

A7V8X rev 1.04 std bios(unflashed)
XP2200+ Tbred
AXDA2200DUV3C 919657270056
AIUCB 0243MPMW

Is this cpu a good o/clocker on this m/b ?

It's a Tbred B core, so it should overclock well on any board. If you have
good water cooling, you should be able to get 2400MHz out of it minimum.

The easiest way to overclock this would be to set the FSB to 166 using the
default 13.5 multiplier that would give you a 2800+ (2250Mhz). You may
need to raise vcore to 1.65v or higher. There shouldn't be any concerns on
raising the FSB with this cpu as long as your ram is PC2700 capable or
faster. I can see where you would have had problems with the Palomino
2000+. Don't let that hold you back with the new cpu.

As for the multiplier settings for your board. Don't know. Check manual.
Link below may be of some help.

Old June 23rd 03, 04:00 AM
Fig

Thanks very much Wes for the info.
I have just inmstalled this new Tbred B 2200 and it defaulted to fsb of 100
so i set it to 133 and it booted no probs @ 1800mhz and with a temp of 36deg
C @ idle
Cpuidle only dumps about 3-4deg off the cpu @ idle now, where it used to
dump 10-12 deg off the palamino core.
But i am very pleased with this new selection
I am just about to try the O/Cing ability , will let you folks know how it
fairs.
Thanks again

Fig

newsan.2003.06.22.17.05.57.329314@SICKOFSPAMveri zon.net...