DVD woes

Old August 23rd 04, 03:21 PM
LadySpudz

Default DVD woes

Hopefully someone here can help with this problem, have posted other
places and not received a response.

Our DVD drive is a Philips DVD+RW. We have Philips DVD+RW dvd's.
Whenever we try to copy anything (have been trying to get our pics onto
DVD for quite awhile now) onto the dvd's using several different
programs, they all ask us to insert a dvd into the drive when there is
already one in. Taking the dvd out and trying again bring the same result.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.
Old August 23rd 04, 06:55 PM
Cari

"LadySpudz" wrote in message
Hopefully someone here can help with this problem, have posted other
places and not received a response.

Our DVD drive is a Philips DVD+RW. We have Philips DVD+RW dvd's.
Whenever we try to copy anything (have been trying to get our pics onto
DVD for quite awhile now) onto the dvd's using several different programs,
they all ask us to insert a dvd into the drive when there is already one
in. Taking the dvd out and trying again bring the same result.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

What DVD burning software are you using?
www.coribright.com

Old August 24th 04, 09:17 AM
mbowen83

Don't know if this will help or not, but do you have the latest
firmware. It also might be possible the firmware became corrupt.

Old August 24th 04, 09:29 AM
LadySpudz

Have tried several . . . CD Burner XP Pro is currently on the machine.
Don't remember all we've tried, but had the same results with Pinnacle also.

Old August 24th 04, 07:04 PM
Cari

The native burning of XP won't touch a DVD. Nero, Roxio, Sonic etc should
be fine.
www.coribright.com

Old August 25th 04, 10:59 AM
LadySpudz

Have tried Nero along with Pinnacle plus a couple others. The one on
here atm is called CD Burner XP Pro (not windows) and none have seen
that there IS a dvd in the drive.

Old August 25th 04, 11:01 AM
LadySpudz

I should point out that although the current program is called CD Burner
Pro, it does DVDs also.

Old August 29th 04, 10:02 AM
LadySpudz

mbowen83 wrote:

Don't know if this will help or not, but do you have the latest
firmware. It also might be possible the firmware became corrupt.

Had to do a re-install so maybe not - I'll check. The trouble with
shutting down was due to firmware with logitech mouse.

Thanks.

Athlon + nForce Woes Someone General 6 May 5th 04 06:55 PM
Is my hard drive the source of my CD burning woes? Jonathan King General 4 March 19th 04 12:06 AM
Mouse Woes Chris Martin General 3 January 24th 04 06:03 AM
Im pissed at ABIT ! Continuing ABIT kx7-333R woes [email protected] General 2 January 3rd 04 07:54 AM
Floppy Drive Woes Bob L General 12 November 29th 03 02:41 PM