Graphic card problem

Old November 24th 03, 10:06 PM
Shep©

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 07:25:27 +0100, Knowing that it was a Hollywood
invention that lemmings jump off cliffs "Guy"
wrote :

Hello and thanks for reading me,

I am the owner of a Packard Bell computer which has an AMD 2400+ cpu, a NOVA
mother board and an integrated nVidia Geforce2 graphic processor.

Yestarday, I bought and installed a new graphic card : the Hercules 3D
Prophet 7500 dual display.

The installation ( hardware and software ) made no problem, no " error
message". Unfortunatelly, the new card doesn' t work, its performances are
close to the integarted graphic processor. I haved used PassMark
PerformanceTest 4.0 to realise that test. So, I downloaded and installed the
latest drivers from Hercules website with no improvement. However, I have
noticed two things :
In the card properties : 1) Emplacement : Bus PCI 2, périphérique 0,
fonction 0. Shouldn' t it rather be AGP ??? As the card is in an AGP4X
slot.
2) Still in the card properties, the AGP folder indicates that the AGP speed
is detected as being 1x and Fast Writting is desabled.
Consulting my computer documentation, I see that it' s an AGP4X slot with
Fast Writting capability.

What is wrong ? Many thanks for your help, Guy

Have you disabled the on board Graphics card/chip.Some systems this is
done in the BIOS and on some it's a jumper on the mother board.

--
Free Windows/PC help,
email shepATpartyheld.de

Old November 25th 03, 12:16 PM
kony

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 07:25:27 +0100, "Guy" wrote:

[...]

1) That's not a problem, an AGP video card will be reported that way.

2) Check the BIOS for an AGP speed and fastwrites setting.

A Radeon 7500 should be a little faster in 3D games, but perhaps not
noticably faster in PassMark... try benchmarking with 3DMark 2001.
Even so, a Radeon 7500 is a poor upgrade from Geforce2 integrated
video, the performance of the two can be similar (relatively speaking)
with midrange and newer cards being much faster. Radeon 7500 is a
low-end card and has low-end performance.

Dave