HP Presario problem with installation of XP

Old November 18th 09, 02:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
mc090203195_aa

Default HP Presario problem with installation of XP

I was installing windows xp on my laptop. The CD gave error and the
setup was interuprted and finshed. However the hard disk was
formatted.

Now i am trying to do new installation with another cd. As soon as the
setup starts it gives error
that 'Windows didnot found any removable hard disks' and the setup
quits.

Help me
Old November 19th 09, 01:34 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
HH[_10_]

Without knowing which Compaq laptop you are referring to and what operating
system came on it, it is very difficult to offer suggestions.

HH

Old December 5th 09, 12:35 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
- Bobb -

"mc090203195_aa" wrote in message
I was installing windows xp on my laptop. The CD gave error and the
setup was interuprted and finshed. However the hard disk was
formatted.

Now i am trying to do new installation with another cd. As soon as the
setup starts it gives error
that 'Windows did not found any removable hard disks' and the setup
quits.

Help me

Suspect when it was interrupted , it had NOT completely format, so drive is
in bad state.
Boot from a windows 98 floppy.
Format the hard drive .
form A:\ prompt type

sys /c
MAkes drive bootable.
Remove floppy disc - reboot.
Should see a C:\ prompt.
If so - good. Retry install.

installation problem janiel General 1 November 10th 08 08:39 AM
Compaq Presario DVD Hardware Installation? I want to swap out my cd-rom for a dvd rom/cdrw drive UFO Compaq Computers 0 January 30th 06 06:44 PM
problem with DVD RW installation Dave C. Homebuilt PC's 1 January 30th 04 04:10 PM
CD-RW Installation Problem Apollo General Hardware 0 January 21st 04 09:43 PM
problem while installation os hagit Homebuilt PC's 3 December 13th 03 07:09 PM