Help a noob pls ;)

Old July 29th 09, 02:04 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Gianluca2091

Default Help a noob pls ;)

Hi all
I am totally newbie of overclocking. I have purchased the following items:

Asrock A780GXH/128M
AMD Phenom II X2 550 3.1Ghz Am3 black edition
kingston 4 Gb ddr2 800mhz pc2-6400
case MS-TECH LC-402 Black
power supply TECHSOLO 600W TP-600

Is it real that I can use the function ACC of this motherboard to try to
restore the other 2 cores of the phenom II x2 550?
How could I setup the ACC?

Also, I would like to start learning the overclocking; I did not need a new
pc, I just bought these pieces for this purpose, so please give me
suggestions and hints

At first I was undecided between this cpu and the X3 2,8Ghz do you think I
have made a good choice?

Old July 29th 09, 08:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Paul

Gianluca2091 wrote:
Hi all
I am totally newbie of overclocking. I have purchased the following items:

Asrock A780GXH/128M
AMD Phenom II X2 550 3.1Ghz Am3 black edition
kingston 4 Gb ddr2 800mhz pc2-6400
case MS-TECH LC-402 Black
power supply TECHSOLO 600W TP-600

Is it real that I can use the function ACC of this motherboard to try to
restore the other 2 cores of the phenom II x2 550?
How could I setup the ACC?

Also, I would like to start learning the overclocking; I did not need a new
pc, I just bought these pieces for this purpose, so please give me
suggestions and hints

At first I was undecided between this cpu and the X3 2,8Ghz do you think I
have made a good choice?

It is a "black edition". Isn't the multiplier unlocked ?
Change the multiplier.

See section 3.4.1 and "Multiplier/Voltage Change". Use
CPUZ from cpuid.com, to verify the changes, and make
only small changes so you can understand how it works.

ftp://europe.asrock.com/manual/M3A780GXH128M.pdf

Paul

Old July 30th 09, 01:49 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Gianluca2091

ì It is a "black edition". Isn't the multiplier unlocked ?
Change the multiplier.
See section 3.4.1 and "Multiplier/Voltage Change". Use
CPUZ from cpuid.com, to verify the changes, and make only small changes so
you can understand how it works.

ftp://europe.asrock.com/manual/M3A780GXH128M.pdf

Yes it's black edition of course.
Thanks a lot, Paul

Im ready to ruin my first cpu

Old July 30th 09, 05:40 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Paul

Gianluca2091 wrote:
ì It is a "black edition". Isn't the multiplier unlocked ?
Change the multiplier.
See section 3.4.1 and "Multiplier/Voltage Change". Use
CPUZ from cpuid.com, to verify the changes, and make only small changes so
you can understand how it works.

ftp://europe.asrock.com/manual/M3A780GXH128M.pdf

Yes it's black edition of course.
Thanks a lot, Paul

Im ready to ruin my first cpu

You can give it a little more voltage, as you explore the
speed it is capable of. You need to know

1) The nominal value. What does it need, to operate at
the stock speed. The hardware monitor may show this
value, when the computer is idle.

2) The maximum value. There is some value which will damage
the CPU. It helps if you know what that value is.

3) As you increase frequency, eventually the computer will be
unstable. If you proceed in small steps, the computer will
not completely crash, but may only be unstable when Prime95
is running. You increase the voltage a step or two, and
rerun the test.

If you plot the values, you might see something like this.

Voltage +---------

+-------+

-----+ Frequency

The slope of the best fit line, through the points, gives
you some idea how much voltage it would take to reach
a particular frequency.

If you need raw data, see hwbot.org . Some of the results have
screen shots, and they may include voltage information, or other
settings.

http://www.hwbot.org/listResults.do?...rue&limit=1000

Paul

Old July 30th 09, 01:23 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Richard P[_4_]

Paul wrote:
Gianluca2091 wrote:
[...]

Also I would suggest you make sure cool&quiet are disabled or you may
see many problems whilst trying to overclock.

Overclocking Noob Carl Overclocking 6 March 22nd 09 04:19 PM
memory for noob nntp.nildram.co.uk Overclocking AMD Processors 2 April 3rd 07 10:45 PM
noob SLI question Dave and Kim Nvidia Videocards 1 April 17th 06 02:42 AM
Help me I'm a Noob LtTalos General 5 September 13th 05 02:38 AM
Another noob oc help request. Chris Martin Overclocking AMD Processors 0 August 29th 04 07:07 PM