Phenom II X3 on a GA-M61PME-S2P AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX

Old March 17th 09, 05:53 PM
sanjidm sanjidm is offline
Junior Member

Default Phenom II X3 on a GA-M61PME-S2P AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX

I'm putting together a box for a very good friend on a tight budget. I think I've gotten it together, but as a novice, I'm having second thoughts about my CPU/MOBO pairing.

GA-M61PME-S2P AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6813128383

Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6819103649

I understand the X3 is backward compatible with AM2+ MOBOs, but I still have my doubts.

Also, I plan to cram in a video card that is a little on the large side, but I think it will just fit. Does anyone care to tell me I'm a fool for trying?

SAPPHIRE 100248L Radeon HD 3850