Requesting feedback for my Planned Rig

Old March 2nd 09, 02:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
seraphy[_2_]

Default Requesting feedback for my Planned Rig

Hi guys just going to list what I'm going for, please note any
complications or
if something conflicts

Case: Antec Aria NSK1380
PSU: Built in "80PLUS 350w genuine Antec power supply" (An Issue for
me)
CPU: E7400 (65W)
MB: ASUS P5KPL-CM (uATX FF) so it will fit the case.
RAM: 3gb 800 DDR2 Kingston
GPU: 512 ASUS 4670 (apparently has 400W as recommended but my PC watt
usage is going to be manageable i hope)
Some ppl have noted that i can bump this to a 9800GTX+ or a 9800GT tho
i think it requires alot more Watts.
HDD: W.D. SATA 160G
DVD: My old LiteOn DVD
Monitor: My old Acer 17" LCD

So basically I think the issue for me is the the power supply, whether
it will support the graphics card i chosen.

Many Thanks!

Old March 2nd 09, 09:00 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Bill

In article , seraphy.3of136
@no.email.invalid says...

[...]

If you're in love with that case you'll have to live with the power
supply. From the pictures it looks like it's specially made to fit that
case.

This case takes a standard sized atx power supply and is comparable in
size to the Aria.

Thermaltake LANBOX Lite VF6000BNS

There is "just" enough room to squeeze in an 8800 GTS 512 but you
won't have room for any aftermarket vga coolers that go over the back
of the card. It will hit the power supply.

Bill
Old March 3rd 09, 04:06 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Fitz[_2_]

seraphy wrote:
[...]

I've built one rig in an Aria case. Didn't like it. Everything
fits very tight. Heat is an issue, regardless of the claims. I've had
to replace the included power supply (along with two other
Antecs, so they aren't my brand of choice). I'd sure take a look
at the case the previous poster recommended along with something
in the range of the Corsair HX520 power supply (modular, so you
don't have to try and find room for all the extra cables in a small case).
That Corsair will run a Geforce 260 without any problems, so stepping
up to a 9600 or 9800 would be great. I'm not sure of the dimensions
of the HX520, but the website would have them.

Good luck,
Fitz

--
Your body is a temple boy,