1066 mhz RAM won't boot on Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 board

Old December 11th 08, 10:40 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Don[_16_]

Default 1066 mhz RAM won't boot on Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4 board

If i set the RAM to run at 1066 mhz in the bios, the computer won't
boot. It defaults to 800 mhz, and when I set it back, it works fine.
The mainboard is a Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4, with a Quad AMD Phenom Black
Edition 9950 2600 MHz and 8 gb of OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ2F10662G. I know
about the problem with the board not running at 1066 without an AM2+
cpu, so that's not it. Could I be missing some bios setting other than
those in the memory clock (set to 5.33) section?

Thanks, Don
Old December 12th 08, 12:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Paul

Don wrote:
If i set the RAM to run at 1066 mhz in the bios, the computer won't
boot. It defaults to 800 mhz, and when I set it back, it works fine.
The mainboard is a Gigabyte GA-M750SLI-DS4, with a Quad AMD Phenom Black
Edition 9950 2600 MHz and 8 gb of OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ2F10662G. I know
about the problem with the board not running at 1066 without an AM2+
cpu, so that's not it. Could I be missing some bios setting other than
those in the memory clock (set to 5.33) section?

Thanks, Don

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/...750sli-ds4.pdf

"Note: Due to AMD AM2+ CPU limitation, DDR2 1066 is only supported by 1 dimm per channel."

What that means, is an AM2+ processor memory controller, can run two DIMMs
at DDR2-1066 and four DIMMs at DDR2-800. The processor has limited drive
capability for the memory address/command bus.

Paul
Old December 12th 08, 03:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Don[_17_]

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/...rboard_memory_...

* *"Note: Due to AMD AM2+ CPU limitation, DDR2 1066 is only supported by 1 dimm per channel."

What that means, is an AM2+ processor memory controller, can run two DIMMs
at DDR2-1066 and four DIMMs at DDR2-800. The processor has limited drive
capability for the memory address/command bus.

* * Paul

Thanks Paul, mystery solved. It does run very nicely at 800, and I
couldn't find any 4Gb modules of DDR2 1066.

Don