Needed a Hard Drive holder/carrier for a HP XE783 desktop

Old December 11th 08, 06:35 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Postman delivers

Default Needed a Hard Drive holder/carrier for a HP XE783 desktop

One of the donated computer I have on my work bench a HP XE783, the
donator removed the hard drive and the hard drive holder/carrier.

If you have an older HP in your parts bin I would like to aqquire the
hard drive holder/carrier part, so I can complete the repair of this
Linux revived computer system.

I know many of you would toss this slow castoff Windows 98 machine, but
there are still sudents that need these systems that run quickly with a
Linux Desktop Operating System installed.

I had to add a graphic card, but this unit performs well running a 32-bit
Mepis7 a Debian Linux Distro. I need a hard drive holder to close the
case, and make certain it finds a needy home.

JR the postman
Old December 11th 08, 11:30 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
- Bobb -

"Postman Delivers" wrote in message
One of the donated computer I have on my work bench a HP XE783, the
donator removed the hard drive and the hard drive holder/carrier.

If you have an older HP in your parts bin I would like to aqquire the
hard drive holder/carrier part, so I can complete the repair of this
Linux revived computer system.

I know many of you would toss this slow castoff Windows 98 machine, but
there are still sudents that need these systems that run quickly with a
Linux Desktop Operating System installed.

I had to add a graphic card, but this unit performs well running a 32-bit
Mepis7 a Debian Linux Distro. I need a hard drive holder to close the
case, and make certain it finds a needy home.

JR the postman

I can only find this reference to PC: it came with Win ME
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...rl=true&Cannot find ANY part numbers/info online.Worst case:an old generic 5.25" holder for floppy drive.mount the 3.5" drive where the floppy would go. Lose an expansion bay but -it works.

Old December 11th 08, 11:40 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
- Bobb -

Found another link for info:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...&product=81921
internal views:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...cname=bph05315

Old December 12th 08, 05:47 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Postman delivers

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 17:30:39 -0500, - Bobb - wrote:

I can only find this reference to PC: it came with Win ME
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?

lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=bph06038&printable=yes& encodeUrl=true&Cannot
find ANY part numbers/info online.Worst case:an old generic 5.25"
holder for floppy drive.mount the 3.5" drive where the floppy would go.
Lose an expansion bay but -it works.

* * *
Bobb,

Thanks, I was not thinking outside of the box, I have a zipdrive unit I
can use, as you pointed out just use one of the three drive slots... Now
to locate the part in the parts bin, and finsh this unit... Thanks again
for the info...

JR the postman

Old December 18th 08, 01:38 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Kevin Childers

"Postman Delivers" wrote in message
One of the donated computer I have on my work bench a HP XE783, the
donator removed the hard drive and the hard drive holder/carrier.

If you have an older HP in your parts bin I would like to aqquire the
hard drive holder/carrier part, so I can complete the repair of this
Linux revived computer system.

I know many of you would toss this slow castoff Windows 98 machine, but
there are still sudents that need these systems that run quickly with a
Linux Desktop Operating System installed.

I had to add a graphic card, but this unit performs well running a 32-bit
Mepis7 a Debian Linux Distro. I need a hard drive holder to close the
case, and make certain it finds a needy home.

JR the postman

And had you tried the sniff test? If you put 220 into a 110 power supply
your nose alone will tell you of your error.

And that smell last and last. Friend fried his before his little 3 year
sojourn in Europe with the military, followed by 18 months in Iraq. When he
finally got to open his stored items and ask me to look at it. As soon as
he brought it in you could "Smell that smoke" and we weren't any where near
a Bandanas.