Mobile barton 2500, minium vcore to overclock is ?

Old October 10th 04, 11:08 PM
Avid Gamer

Default Mobile barton 2500, minium vcore to overclock is ?

Ive got mine at 1.65v, overclokced to 2.4ghz, 400fsb, ram latency of
2,2,3,5.

Its stable as far as i know, i can run 3dmark2003,2005 no probs
without lockups.

Could i run the vcore lower even ?

Thanks.

Old October 10th 04, 11:51 PM
Geoff

Avid Gamer wrote:
Ive got mine at 1.65v, overclokced to 2.4ghz, 400fsb, ram latency of
2,2,3,5.

Its stable as far as i know, i can run 3dmark2003,2005 no probs
without lockups.

Could i run the vcore lower even ?

Thanks.

use prime95 in torture mode is test if it's stable or not
run it for at least 1 hour

Old October 11th 04, 12:24 AM
Avid Gamer

What kind of errors would ii get if it was not stable ?, never used
thta program before, it can get errors yet still be stable right ?

Thanks.

Old October 11th 04, 12:39 AM
Ed Light

What kind of errors would ii get if it was not stable ?, never used
thta program before, it can get errors yet still be stable right ?

It stops and reads "error."

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old October 11th 04, 12:43 AM
Ed Light

As far as minimum vcore, my 35w 2200 will run p95 torture for 2 hours (I
quit after that) at 166/2150/13x/5.58v indicated in auto mode. If I go up to
13.5x then I have to raise the voltage. Decided not to because I'd want
another heatsink -- it started into the 50'sC. I have no heatsink fan and a
duct to the case fan, which is 80mm @ 2400 rpm.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old October 11th 04, 02:01 AM
Tim

"Ed Light" wrote in message
As far as minimum vcore, my 35w 2200 will run p95 torture for 2 hours (I
quit after that) at 166/2150/13x/5.58v indicated in auto mode.

5.58v?

Old October 11th 04, 03:27 AM
Avid Gamer

Its a mobile cpu man, 5.58 yep, though i would not go below 1.65 on a
desktop system as mine is overclokced and needs it, i think anyless
would mean no booty, though i am wrong most of the time

Old October 11th 04, 06:12 AM
Ed Light

"Tim" wrote in message

"Ed Light" wrote in message
As far as minimum vcore, my 35w 2200 will run p95 torture for 2 hours (I
quit after that) at 166/2150/13x/5.58v indicated in auto mode.

5.58v?

Right! Pretty tired. That's 1.58v.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at

Thanks, robots.

Old October 11th 04, 12:43 PM
Chip

"Ed Light" wrote in message
What kind of errors would ii get if it was not stable ?, never used
thta program before, it can get errors yet still be stable right ?

It stops and reads "error."

.... or crashes, or locks up. Depends how serious the overclock.

Old October 11th 04, 12:50 PM
Chip

"Avid Gamer" wrote in message

What kind of errors would ii get if it was not stable ?, never used
thta program before, it can get errors yet still be stable right ?

Ed it right, Prime95 is a much better stress test tool. All of my CPU could
pass 3dmark and various at *much* higher frequencies than at which they can
pass Prime95.

Most Prime95 errors will show in the first 10 minutes or so. But to be
really sure you should run it overnight. Quite often - when you think all
is well - it will still fail after 5 or 6 hours.

What you want to do if (when!) you find Prime95 errors, is up to you. Some
people try to convince themselves that there is something wrong with P95.
But believe me, there isn't. If it shows errors, it means your CPU is
producing errors and is not running "properly". This means a risk - however
small - that your system might crash when you really didn't want it to, or
that it might corrupt some important files.

Only you can judge whether you want to accept that risk or not. It may be
that you only game on your PC and if it bombs every now and again, you don't
mind.

Personally, it just bugs me knowing that my PC isn't working right. So I
accept no Prime95 errors at all under any circumstances. If I try some
overclock and I get Prime errors, then I work at it until they are cured.
Only then am I happy.

Chip