OT sorta

Old May 24th 08, 03:19 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Eva[_2_]

Default OT sorta

I bought a new Dell.
How do I move my iTunes music from the old computer to the new?
Thanks,
Eva

Old May 24th 08, 04:17 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
RnR[_2_]

On Sat, 24 May 2008 02:19:55 GMT, "Eva" wrote:

I bought a new Dell.
How do I move my iTunes music from the old computer to the new?
Thanks,
Eva

Best bet is to Google this but here is one source I found after doing
a google search....
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/181714
Old May 24th 08, 05:52 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Journey

On Sat, 24 May 2008 02:19:55 GMT, "Eva" wrote:

I bought a new Dell.
How do I move my iTunes music from the old computer to the new?
Thanks,
Eva

Do you use iTunes stand-alone or with an iPod? If so, what iPod?

Do you manage your music manually, or let iTunes build the folder
structure? Also, is all your music tagged correctly?

If your music is tagged correctly, you let iTunes manage your music,
and all of your music is already on your iPod, then I think all you
need to do is install iTunes on the other computer and sync with your
iPod.
Old May 25th 08, 07:24 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Journey

On Sat, 24 May 2008 11:52:07 -0500, journey wrote:

On Sat, 24 May 2008 02:19:55 GMT, "Eva" wrote:

I bought a new Dell.
How do I move my iTunes music from the old computer to the new?
Thanks,
Eva

Do you use iTunes stand-alone or with an iPod? If so, what iPod?

Do you manage your music manually, or let iTunes build the folder
structure? Also, is all your music tagged correctly?

If your music is tagged correctly, you let iTunes manage your music,
and all of your music is already on your iPod, then I think all you
need to do is install iTunes on the other computer and sync with your
iPod.

Not sure if you're reading your thread. The above might not work. If
you do have your music tagged, then you could install iTunes on the
new computer and then drop all of your music from the old iTunes
folder and iTunes should recreate the folder structure on your new
computer.

I forgot what limitations DRM puts on what you can do. There are
programs that can remove any DRM limitations on music purchased from
iTunes as well as some great programs to aid in tagging your music
(Abander TagControl being my fav).
Old May 25th 08, 08:01 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Journey

On Sun, 25 May 2008 13:24:04 -0500, journey wrote:

[...]

These programs are good too:

http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/
Old May 26th 08, 02:08 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Eva[_2_]

Thank you.
I've been really busy trying to get everything set up on my new XPS 420
which I just love.
The above sounded like it would work and I tried that but it would only let
me sync from iTunes to ipod nano...not the other way around. So after a lot
of reasearch i finally did get all my files on the new computer and in
iTunes. I found a tutorial on using the ipod like a hard drive and that
mostly worked. I can't really remember all i did it was so convluted but
that's for all replies.
EVA

Old May 26th 08, 06:16 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Journey

On Mon, 26 May 2008 01:08:36 GMT, "Eva" wrote:

Thank you.
I've been really busy trying to get everything set up on my new XPS 420
which I just love.
The above sounded like it would work and I tried that but it would only let
me sync from iTunes to ipod nano...not the other way around. So after a lot
of reasearch i finally did get all my files on the new computer and in
iTunes. I found a tutorial on using the ipod like a hard drive and that
mostly worked. I can't really remember all i did it was so convluted but
that's for all replies.
EVA

I'm glad you found a way for it to work. Whenever I need to move my
iTunes library I end up trying various methods because I do it so
infrequently that I forget how I did it. I am going to get a 3G
iPhone 2.0 when it becomes available in the next month or two so I am
sure I'll go through some learning curve all over again when I set
that up.
Old May 26th 08, 01:36 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

An iPod IS a hard drive surrounded by some other hardware. iPod hard drives are
the 1" usually Seagate or Hitachi drives that have a compact flash connector.

I have a number of 4GB and 6GB iPod "microdrives" here in good working order,
some with collections of music on them... Ben Myers

On Mon, 26 May 2008 01:08:36 GMT, "Eva" wrote:

Thank you.
I've been really busy trying to get everything set up on my new XPS 420
which I just love.
The above sounded like it would work and I tried that but it would only let
me sync from iTunes to ipod nano...not the other way around. So after a lot
of reasearch i finally did get all my files on the new computer and in
iTunes. I found a tutorial on using the ipod like a hard drive and that
mostly worked. I can't really remember all i did it was so convluted but
that's for all replies.
EVA

.. .

Old May 26th 08, 09:12 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Eva

Using the iPod hard drive was the easy part.
Getting the iTunes music to install to it and then accept on the new iTunes
software was the hard part. s
Eva

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
[...]

. ..

Old May 26th 08, 09:14 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Eva

I'm getting a 3G too! I'm glad I waited for the 2nd generation and will
even wait to hear how the reviews come in on the 3G before plonking down and
bucks on it.
Good luck to you on it.
Eva