PC hangs at Raid configuration during boot

Old January 11th 08, 03:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Bill Stock

Default PC hangs at Raid configuration during boot

Like the title says, my PC hangs during boot just after the Press F10 to
enter to enter Raid setup message. Once the system warms up I can reboot and
get into Windows without problems. I assume this is likely a HD problem with
one of my RAID devices? Maybe a corrupt BIOS?

Any ideas?

Old January 11th 08, 06:23 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Augustus

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
Like the title says, my PC hangs during boot just after the Press F10 to
enter to enter Raid setup message. Once the system warms up I can reboot
and get into Windows without problems. I assume this is likely a HD
problem with one of my RAID devices? Maybe a corrupt BIOS?

Did you do anything to this system hardware or BIOS settings-wise prior to
this or was it working normally What m/b? What revision? What BIOS? What
type of RAID controller? Configured how? What type of drives? Does the RAID
array show as being healthy when you hit F10? What do you mean it boots
normally "once the system warms up "? How do you get it to boot if it hangs?
Highly doubtful it's a BIOS problem. But you need to supply way more info
for any meaningful advice....

Old February 14th 08, 06:32 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
[email protected]

On Jan 11, 4:23*pm, "Augustus" wrote:
"Bill Stock" wrote in message

Like the title says, my PC hangs during boot just after the Press F10 to
enter to enter Raid setup message. Once the system warms up I can reboot
and get into Windows without problems. I assume this is likely a HD
problem with one of my RAID devices? Maybe a corrupt BIOS?

Did you do anything to this system hardware or BIOS settings-wise prior to
this or was it working normally What m/b? What revision? What BIOS? What
type of RAID controller? Configured how? What type of drives? Does the RAID
array show as being healthy when you hit F10? *What do you mean it boots
normally "once the system warms up "? How do you get it to boot if it hangs?
Highly doubtful it's a BIOS problem. But you need to supply way more info
for any meaningful advice....

One or more of you HDs may be slow to spin up and may not be upto
speed when the RAID BIOS kicks in.

If when it says RAID is broken and you hit restart and it works the I
would say the slow HD spin up is the problem. Some BIOS's have a boot
delay option to allow for slow HDs to come up to speed.
Old February 16th 08, 02:09 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Bill Stock

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

[...]

Yeah, that's what I think, but it takes a LONG time to warm up; sometimes
one to two minutes.

I ran SeaTools on both drives and the one drive fails, so I'm going to send
it off to Seagate when I get some packing for it.