PS/2 Wall jacks? Where to buy

Old September 25th 03, 04:52 AM
phil

Default PS/2 Wall jacks? Where to buy

I want to put ps/2 wall jacks in both the computer room and the living
room where there is a digital piano that I want to record using
Cakewalk. The piano must remain where it is and so must the computer.
The distance between the two is about 22 feet. I will also need to
plug in the monitor. Where is a good place to buy such components?

Thanks, Phil

Old September 25th 03, 01:33 PM
phil

Yes, I may want to do that someday, but why do so if I can "extend"
the mouse, keyboard and monitor. I'm sure someone sells jacks. I saw
one site that sells 50' ps/2 extention with m and f ends. I could
fish some of these thru a hole in the wall but I prefer to cut in an
"old work box" and make a nice wall plate. Wives don't like wires
hanging out of living room walls.
Old September 25th 03, 01:46 PM
JAD

my Logitech cordless freedom will go 18 ft I'm sure it would do 22. monitor is going to be the biggest problem as your going to be
limited to distance there, I had a 8ft extension once and the picture was still good. Anything over that and picture degradation
began. Cable quality will be a factor.

Old September 26th 03, 03:51 AM
phil

Does that Logitec product work only when there is an open space
between the mouse/keyboard and the tower? That is, does it use
infrared signals? I have a wall with 1/2 inch drywall on both sides
plus r-11 in the wall that I put in for sound muffling that is between
the living room and the computer room.

And Conor, where might one find ps/2 jacks?

thanks fellows, phil

Old September 26th 03, 08:07 PM
phil

I found the answer:
it is a CE 220 cable extender. It can extend up to 500' on cat 5 cable.

thanks
Old September 26th 03, 08:16 PM
JAD

cat5? 384 feet normally

Old October 3rd 03, 05:54 AM
R. Asby Dragon

"JAD" wrote in message
nk.net...
cat5? 384 feet normally

Yup-- if you are using said CAT5 for 10baseT or 100baseT . Keyboard or PS/2
data and speed is far less than that. I've made 'homebrew' keyboard extension
cables using CAT3 over 75 feet long with no active electronics that worked just
fine .

"phil" wrote in message

om...
I found the answer:
it is a CE 220 cable extender. It can extend up to 500' on cat 5 cable.

thanks

netcomm switch - wall mount issue Skeleton Man General 2 October 10th 04 05:51 PM
PS/2 mouse problems Fred General 2 August 12th 04 01:21 AM
When the PS/2 port is not used, an ATA100 (primary) drive is not recognized S. Lipson General 0 July 25th 04 12:30 PM
Using PS/2 and USB with a KVM Switch? Thomas M General 0 July 31st 03 11:21 AM
KVM Switch for Both PS/2 and AT Connectors Alien Zord General 5 July 9th 03 07:19 PM