external hard drive "holder"

Old December 17th 06, 02:23 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Pamela and Howard Signa

Default external hard drive "holder"

I purchased a conversion set off ebay to make an internal hard drive a
USB one. I plan to use it as external since I will have to plug in the
usb and power cords to it.

Does anyone suggest an inexpensive case or holder for it so that it is
protected on the desk?

Pam
Old December 17th 06, 03:23 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Lez Pawl

"Pamela and Howard Signa" "psignano wrote in
message ...
I purchased a conversion set off ebay to make an internal hard drive a
USB one. I plan to use it as external since I will have to plug in the usb
and power cords to it.

Does anyone suggest an inexpensive case or holder for it so that it is
protected on the desk?

Pam

you should have purchased an external case which has all those bits you just
purchased already installed..............Google for External Hard Drive
Housing.

Old December 17th 06, 04:46 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Pamela and Howard Signa

Lez Pawl wrote:
"Pamela and Howard Signa" "psignano wrote in
message ...
I purchased a conversion set off ebay to make an internal hard drive a
USB one. I plan to use it as external since I will have to plug in the usb
and power cords to it.

Does anyone suggest an inexpensive case or holder for it so that it is
protected on the desk?

Pam

you should have purchased an external case which has all those bits you just
purchased already installed..............Google for External Hard Drive
Housing.

Yes, I realize that now, but too late.
Old December 17th 06, 08:47 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Barry Watzman

You apparently bought a cable. Those are fine, but they are for
transient service use, not for continuous use with the same drive.
Instead, you should have bought a USB case (enclosure). Functionally
the same, but includes a case for permanent use. Cost for a 2.5" drive
(USB powered) is about $10, cost for a 3.5"/5.25" drive (with a power
supply) is about $25-$35.

Old December 18th 06, 02:03 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis

http://tinyurl.com/yxj6ak (examples)

Old December 18th 06, 01:25 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Leanin' Cedar

"Pamela and Howard Signa" "psignano wrote in
message ...
I purchased a conversion set off ebay to make an internal hard drive a
USB one. I plan to use it as external since I will have to plug in the usb
and power cords to it.

Does anyone suggest an inexpensive case or holder for it so that it is
protected on the desk?

Pam

http://www.compusa.com/products/prod..._code=31210 0

I have two of these and they work great. One I use for ITunes and carry it
with me.

Bob