presario 6333om restore disks needed

Old September 15th 06, 03:47 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
mydaj [ROR]

Default presario 6333om restore disks needed

looking for source of restore disks for my compaq presario 6000
desktop model 6333om. compaq (hp), shuffled my call to 6 departments
only to fess up that restore disks are available, but no one knows
where! current part number for the set is: 5069-4739. tried to use web
to order, but they wanted 12 digit serial number; mine is only 10
digits: MX24150153. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old September 19th 06, 04:47 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Mikey

"mydaj [ROR]" wrote:

looking for source of restore disks for my compaq presario 6000
desktop model 6333om. compaq (hp), shuffled my call to 6 departments
only to fess up that restore disks are available, but no one knows
where! current part number for the set is: 5069-4739. tried to use web
to order, but they wanted 12 digit serial number; mine is only 10
digits: MX24150153. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, this isn't much help, but if you go to HP's Parts Store on HP's
website and do a search for part 5069-4739, it comes up, but with a red X
next to it, meaning it's not orderable in the Parts Store.

Old September 19th 06, 09:21 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
mydaj [ROR]

thanks. i've been there, done that. unless i get an answer here, i'll
probably watch for a similar pc on ebay, copy the disks, and then
resell it. problem there is the wait and the shipping costs for a
desktop pc is rather high.