!watch all out noob coming into land!

Old November 8th 03, 11:38 PM
Antzz03

Default !watch all out noob coming into land!

I've just bought an xp2000(palamino) with an asrock k7vt2 mobo
(the deal maplins are doing for uk readers)
being new to the oc'ing game after reading bits and pieces.
i upped my fsb to 140,now on boot bios reports i have a 2200xp
mbm5 reports my cpu @ 1750

so my question is this.....with all the stuff around on unlocking athlons
is this just the bios and cpu giving false reports as to the real speed
and in turn falsifying(sp?)mbm5

Old November 9th 03, 12:10 AM
Dublevay

"Antzz03" wrote in message

so my question is this.....with all the stuff around on unlocking athlons
is this just the bios and cpu giving false reports as to the real speed
and in turn falsifying(sp?)mbm5

Locking only 'locks' the multipliers. You can still do whatever you feel
like with the FSB - provided it works.

JW

Old November 9th 03, 12:27 AM
\(\) |V| 3 G A

dont fully understand......

but i take it you do know the xp2000 and it's actual mhz's arent the same?

it's AMD's PR rating - basically the XP2000 figure means it will perform
like an intel 2ghz. XP2200 - intel 2.2ghz.

tim

Old November 9th 03, 12:49 AM
Antzz03

i didnt think it would go past 2000 without modding
if it is at all which is what my post is about

Old November 9th 03, 01:17 AM
rstlne

"Antzz03" wrote in message
I've just bought an xp2000(palamino) with an asrock k7vt2 mobo
(the deal maplins are doing for uk readers)
being new to the oc'ing game after reading bits and pieces.
i upped my fsb to 140,now on boot bios reports i have a 2200xp
mbm5 reports my cpu @ 1750

so my question is this.....with all the stuff around on unlocking athlons
is this just the bios and cpu giving false reports as to the real speed
and in turn falsifying(sp?)mbm5

You paid the 99.97 for that?..

Does it seem like a nice board.. and more importantly, did you get some kind
of "game" with the asrock motherboard

Old November 9th 03, 03:20 AM
Antzz03

ha ha,not a good buy then no?

why is it the latecomers have all the best quips

Old November 9th 03, 07:16 AM
sps_700

Asrock K7VT2 is $44.00 at Newegg.com
XP 2200 CPU is $59.00 at Starmicro.net
Shipping is free on both and I have bought from both and have had no
problems

Old November 9th 03, 10:47 AM
\(\) |V| 3 G A

ahhhh. i get ya!

idealy you want to drop the multiplier (unlock the chip) and raise FSB for
peak performance. this way the fsb increase will increase mainboard speed
too.

tim

Old November 9th 03, 12:04 PM
rstlne

"Antzz03" wrote in message
ha ha,not a good buy then no?

why is it the latecomers have all the best quips

I dont know to be honest, other "economy" line boards for athlonXP chips run
for about 25£..
so I was just curious as to how good this board is

Old November 9th 03, 12:26 PM
Antzz03

Thanks all,so to clarify upping the fsb and raising multipliers are two
different
ways of o'cing......is that right?
me thinks i need to do more homework =)