Deskpro EN - RAM advice?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 8th 08, 10:33 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
[email protected]

Default Deskpro EN - RAM advice?

I almost forgot - this computer came with a single 256 mb RAM card in,
DIMM, 133mhz etc. According to Crucial.com it should only have up to
three 128 mb cards. It seems fine. Can I safely add a second one of
these, 256 mb again.

(I have a 64mb card in a drawer as salvage, but it is different speed,
100mhz - would that spoil things if I added it too? Or that and a
single 128 mb card?)

It is slightly cheaper to buy two 128 mb cards than one 256 - is there
any reason why a single 256 mb card would be better? I will probably
buy a second hand card for £6 from an ebay seller with 100% rep - I'm
aware of pitfalls with dodgy sellers there.

Thanks.

deskpro ens racer Compaq Computers 2 September 26th 07 05:34 AM
Need to know Model of DeskPro EN... Eugene Compaq Computers 6 March 28th 06 01:33 AM
DeskPro EN Pci problems [email protected] Compaq Computers 5 November 3rd 05 11:33 PM
DeskPro EN [email protected] Compaq Computers 3 January 12th 05 09:51 AM
Fastest cpu for this Deskpro? InsomniaKev Compaq Computers 4 August 19th 03 07:46 AM