Unlocking ASUS bios OC features?

Old March 27th 08, 10:07 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Strutter[_3_]

Default Unlocking ASUS bios OC features?

Hi guys, can someone please tell me how to unlock the overclocking /
advanced features in the bios of my M2N-MX SE PLUS motherboard, as there
isn't any options to change the FSB or any of the other options. I've tried
some key combinations like Contrl & F1 but nothing has worked.

Thanks

Old March 27th 08, 05:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Fievel Mousekewitz

"Strutter" wrote in message
Hi guys, can someone please tell me how to unlock the overclocking /
advanced features in the bios of my M2N-MX SE PLUS motherboard, as there
isn't any options to change the FSB or any of the other options. I've

tried
some key combinations like Contrl & F1 but nothing has worked.

Thanks

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...&model=M2N-MX%
20SE%20PLUS&type=map&mapindex=6

It's so easy, that I'm not helping you any more then this.
How hard is it, to go to advanced settings, and changing a few settings with
the cpu????

Denny.. (Fievel J Mousekewitz)

Old March 27th 08, 05:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Paul

Strutter wrote:
Hi guys, can someone please tell me how to unlock the overclocking /
advanced features in the bios of my M2N-MX SE PLUS motherboard, as there
isn't any options to change the FSB or any of the other options. I've tried
some key combinations like Contrl & F1 but nothing has worked.

Thanks

On Newegg, in a review -

"Also worth noting that this thing seems to be able to underclock
your CPU, but not overclock it"

That board is intended for building cheap business computers, it isn't
an overclocker board. And in the Asus CPUSupport tables, the 6000+ and
6400+ processors are not supported, and interpreting that, it looks
like the Vcore regulator doesn't have enough power to support them.
That is what I notice, when looking at this table.

http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/c...MX%20SE%20PLUS

The manual is here, and the only settings are in the "AMD Overclocking
Configuration" page. Multiplier and voltage, which would indeed be
mainly useful for underclocking (cooler running system). I don't see
anything to set the CPU input clock.

http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...MX_SE_PLUS.zip

Paul
Old March 29th 08, 12:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Strutter[_3_]

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Strutter wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated. As you suggested there isn't any
options to adjust the cpu clock, unless I wanted to underclock it...which
ain't what I want! Now I see why it only cost $52 (Aust). Glad it's not my
system, I hate not being able to tweak the bios!

Old March 29th 08, 04:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Fievel Mousekewitz

"Strutter" wrote in message

http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/c...n-us&model=M2N

http://dlsvr03.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...3353_M2N-MX_SE
_PLUS.zip

Paul

Thanks for the info, greatly appreciated. As you suggested there isn't any
options to adjust the cpu clock, unless I wanted to underclock it...which
ain't what I want! Now I see why it only cost $52 (Aust). Glad it's not my
system, I hate not being able to tweak the bios!

LOL
Is the thing really that bad?
Like, yikes!
It would almost be against my beliefes if I couldn't overclock
something.
Once I add enough Sata drives to this thing, it cuts off my overclocking
options. (Asus PC-DL Deluxe)
Fievel. ;-) :-)