Need Suggestions !!!

Old August 27th 07, 03:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
bigdaddy

Default Need Suggestions !!!

Hi all

I am running Abit Kr7a with AMD 1700 CPU and 1 GB Memory. I use
photoshop and Adobe premier occasionally. Now I want to upgrade to
something better, but using my Hard Drives, TV Card, Lan Card and
Matrox Grafic Card from my old mobo. I like to stick to ATA though as
I can not afford two hard drives right now.

I do not want top of the range Mobo and CPU, which I can not afford.
Something cheaper but very stable combination.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Old August 28th 07, 12:53 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Amir Facade

Well,
I don't look in here much anymore, having switched over to a C2D my
self(currently most bang for the buck), but it sounds like you better check
out E-bay.
Your not going to find anything new that will work with all your old stuff.
In particular, your old memory and video card.
Most of the newer MoBos have only 1 IDE port.
Why would you need 2 hard drives anyway? RAID is not all it's hyped up to
be.

Amir

Old August 28th 07, 01:33 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Amir Facade

Here you go:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASUS-P4S8X-X-A...QQcmdZViewItem

Old August 28th 07, 07:50 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
bigdaddy

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 20:33:48 -0400, "Amir Facade"
wrote:

Here you go:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ASUS-P4S8X-X-A...QQcmdZViewItem

.. .

"bigdaddy" wrote in message
Hi all

I am running Abit Kr7a with AMD 1700 CPU and 1 GB Memory. I use
photoshop and Adobe premier occasionally. Now I want to upgrade to
something better, but using my Hard Drives, TV Card, Lan Card and
Matrox Grafic Card from my old mobo. I like to stick to ATA though as
I can not afford two hard drives right now.

I do not want top of the range Mobo and CPU, which I can not afford.
Something cheaper but very stable combination.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Thanks all for your suggestions. The idea of using Matrox card etc.
was to minimize the expenses. But as some good folks suggested, it is
better to find a m/board with onboard Video. But I do not know which
is a better proposition, on board Video or separate Video Card. But I
still wants to retain my ATA Hard Disks because of the huge DATA I
have on them.
Old August 28th 07, 05:14 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Wes Newell

On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 06:50:41 +0000, bigdaddy wrote:

Thanks all for your suggestions. The idea of using Matrox card etc.
was to minimize the expenses. But as some good folks suggested, it is
better to find a m/board with onboard Video. But I do not know which
is a better proposition, on board Video or separate Video Card. But I
still wants to retain my ATA Hard Disks because of the huge DATA I
have on them.

ATA controller cards are so cheap you can add one. I've got a PCI dual
raid controller board you can have for $10 and I'll pay shipping. Complete
with 2 80 wire cables and driver cd. If fact, this is it.

Old September 3rd 07, 06:55 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Zyp

Wes Newell wrote:
On Tue, 28 Aug 2007 06:50:41 +0000, bigdaddy wrote:

Thanks all for your suggestions. The idea of using Matrox card etc.
was to minimize the expenses. But as some good folks suggested, it
is better to find a m/board with onboard Video. But I do not know
which is a better proposition, on board Video or separate Video
Card. But I still wants to retain my ATA Hard Disks because of the
huge DATA I have on them.

ATA controller cards are so cheap you can add one. I've got a PCI dual
raid controller board you can have for $10 and I'll pay shipping.
Complete with 2 80 wire cables and driver cd. If fact, this is it.

That's really cool of you. I'd grab that in a heat beat if I needed an ATA
card....

[Just had to say]
--
Zyp

OC suggestions.. Paul Overclocking AMD Processors 1 April 2nd 05 09:38 PM
CD-RW/DVD suggestions? Richard General 4 June 20th 04 02:31 AM
Suggestions for my new PC Remo-Shiva Homebuilt PC's 1 April 3rd 04 01:32 PM
HSF suggestions? NewUser001 Overclocking AMD Processors 6 February 11th 04 02:49 PM
RAM suggestions for K8V SPRITE1001 Asus Motherboards 5 January 31st 04 12:16 AM