Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound, any source yet?

Old August 19th 07, 01:23 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
rms[_2_]

Default Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound, any source yet?

I've read various positive reviews of this stuff, and want to try it out.
Does anyone know of a US dealer for it? thx!

rms

Old August 21st 07, 07:10 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Chris S

"rms" wrote in message
. net...
I've read various positive reviews of this stuff, and want to try it out.
Does anyone know of a US dealer for it? thx!

rms

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...he rmal+paste

Chris

Old August 23rd 07, 08:51 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
rms[_2_]

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...he rmal+paste

Ya thanks, I saw it on jab-tech.com and ordered there. I'm going to try
it on this coolermaster geminii and report the results.

rms

Old August 25th 07, 06:10 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Cal Vanize

rms wrote:
I've read various positive reviews of this stuff, and want to try it out.
Does anyone know of a US dealer for it? thx!

rms

Try AutoZone. Get some axle grease. Works as good or better. Doesn't
break down with heat (at the amount a CPU gives off) or pressure, flows
to bridge all the micro-gaps and is designed to conduct heat across
those micro-gaps.

It doesn't form a cured bond that could break and reduce heat conducting
qualities. Also makes CPU upgrade / change a lot easier.

Been using is for years and it works great.

thermal compound sdot Homebuilt PC's 24 March 29th 06 09:27 AM
Athlon64 3000 -- Thermal pad or thermal compound? Leon Overclocking AMD Processors 5 October 17th 04 03:24 AM
Cooling the 6800GT: New Thermal Compound does help! rms Nvidia Videocards 1 August 9th 04 10:13 AM
Arctic Silver 5 vs Regular Silicone Compound? Triffid Overclocking 0 March 4th 04 04:35 AM
Thermal compound... Tin-Char D'un Overclocking AMD Processors 5 July 1st 03 02:22 PM