Soltek SL-75KAV won't run 266FSB CPU's - HELP!!

Old June 22nd 03, 06:17 PM
Harry

Default Soltek SL-75KAV won't run 266FSB CPU's - HELP!!

"PC" wrote in message
om...
I'm a bit of a newbie to this so please be gentle with me.....

I've just tried to run an Athlon 1200C and an XP2200 on this
motherboard and neither will boot, actually neither will even go
through the POST process.

The CPU external frequency has been set to 133mhz using the jumper
switches.

BUS ratio is left to automatic.

The CPUs both have the original heatsink and fans installed with the
fans running happily. The little rubber feet on the top of the CPUs
are in place and everything is aligned correctly as far as I can tell.
Both of these CPUs are used and I haven't added new thermal paste or
copper shims. Should I be doing this??

Even so, not doing so should not stop them from booting before they
overheat surely??

Currently the box runs quite happily with a 750 Duron and 512mb of
PC133SDRAM. HDD temp sits at about 35 degrees C. CPU Temp (the Duron
750) sits at about 49 degrees C.

Seriously puzzled.

PC in Perth (Antipodean)

An XP2200+ on that motherboard works fine for me. Check your jumpers again
(SW1 should be all off and J17 should have pins 2 and 3 connected). You also
need the latest bios update (get it from the Soltek website).

- Harry

Old June 22nd 03, 11:49 PM
PC

Thanks Harry,

I'll check on that today.

Cheers,

PC

An XP2200+ on that motherboard works fine for me. Check your jumpers again
(SW1 should be all off and J17 should have pins 2 and 3 connected). You also
need the latest bios update (get it from the Soltek website).

- Harry

Dual CPU 2 CPUS P4 Board with HT = 4 CPus in XP Pro ??? The Other Guy. General 1 December 18th 04 08:08 PM
Cheap, used CPU's? Noozer General 4 October 5th 04 02:39 PM
Advice/ideas/info please CPUs Athlon64 v P4 Bruce M. Whealton Overclocking AMD Processors 1 August 27th 04 10:36 AM
Quad Cpu Mobo with Dual Core CPUS how fast would that be ? Dennis E Strausser Jr Overclocking 1 June 16th 04 03:52 AM
Valid Points 101: 2x P4 Xeons + Hyperthreading + Windows XP Professional / W2K / NT4 / *Nix (long post!) Duncan, Eric A. General 7 February 3rd 04 06:06 PM